Concealed carry badges? - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

Quote Originally Posted by MrXtramean View Post
    I've read through many post on this subject. I own a handgun and have recently gone through the CHL class. The reason for getting a permit varies from person to person. Business, pleasure, disability, family, home, etc. Here's a reason why I'm looking into buying a badge. It's the same reason I've thought about buying one of those fake "FBI" or "CSI" hoodies. My hobby puts me out in the public at all hours of the day. Sometimes very late and very early in the morning. I have been approached a few times by prostitutes, and "others" you don't want to turn your back on. My hobby takes my attention off my surroundings and I can't be focused 100% on who's walking up to me.

I'm not saying that I want to announce that I'm carrying a weapon, I want to announce a "QUESTION" to whomever might be thinking about walking up to me. I want the "bad and seedy" persons to avoid me. Regular folks probably would feel safer knowing that there's a "deterrent" for bad persons in the area. It's the same reason people "feel" safer when there's a security or police officer patrolling an area.

I don't want to pose as an officer, etc. And that's the "CON" side to this badge carry. I don't want "GOOD" persons coming up to me either asking me questions. But if I have a choice, I'd rather a "good" person vs a "bad" approach me. Their intentions are the key factor.

Which brings me to the point of why I'd carry a badge. A "bad" person might look and see a badge hanging from my neck and "KNOW" to stay away. A "BAD" person looks for signs that might get them caught. But the flip side is, you also become a target for that nut who thinks your a police "type" of officer. In my life, I see more pluses to wearing one when I'm doing my hobby. But for general everyday carry, the badge would probably not be needed.

It honestly depends on where and what you are doing. And why you need one.
    If I see an individual with "FBI" in large letters on their shirt/hoodie, I wonder why they choose to wear the logo of an agency with less than a stellar reputation. Now if I see a bunch of people with FBI or similar shirts, then something is going on, but then it would probably be on vests, not shirts.

An ICE or INS t-shirt might be handy if you need to go to the ER in the middle of the night. Probably cut your wait time considerably as many get up and leave.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    If I see an individual with "FBI" in large letters on their shirt/hoodie, I wonder why they choose to wear the logo of an agency with less than a stellar reputation. Now if I see a bunch of people with FBI or similar shirts, then something is going on, but then it would probably be on vests, not shirts.

An ICE or INS t-shirt might be handy if you need to go to the ER in the middle of the night. Probably cut your wait time considerably as many get up and leave.
    CBP for the win.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

One good reason I can think of to wear a conealed carry badge is to make the bad guys laugh so hard they are rolling on the floor and unable to attack you. ;)
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

5. Already the negative comments. I've had to pepper spray dogs, twice & call the police twice. We've had gang attacks where I go & last night someone shot/killed where I go . It's ugly out there. But carrying a gun won't deter an attacker unless they know you have one(gun). How many police are attack? Why not? Maybe because its against the law & they carry a badge & gun. How's the crime rate in liberal carry states? Low. Why? Because criminals have a deterrent where more people ccw. Why do people put alarm signs in their front yard & on their windows? It's called a deterrent. A gun on your side is the last thing you should ever have to grab unless you are going to kill someone. A deterrent . That's all we're taking about. Not playing cop. I personally don't like being poked with a stick by strangers in a park. But if they saw a small badge on my belt or around my neck, all I'm simply saying is, they'd probably not come up to me. And for maybe 3 hours a day, to have the piece of mind that I won't have to kill someone, I think a small metal deterrent is worth a life. Because the collateral repercussions of firing one shoot might lose you everything. Family, job, home.

If the badge is laughable, again I'd have to ask, would you go up to person wearing only a badge & then screw with them ? I know I wouldn't, because it might land me a night in jail or shot. Because I would think them to be a ”public” servant.

Just because you carry doesn't mean the sh!t won't hit the fan. I'm just trying prevent it from every flying my way.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Look man, you raised a five year old thread from the grave, asked us what we thought, which turned out to be what pretty much everyone over the previous four years thought, and now you're whining because a few of us answered your question?

If you want to wear a badge, go ahead. It's about the dumbest idea I've ever heard of, but to each his own.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Already the negative comments. I've had to pepper spray dogs, twice & call the police twice. We've had gang attacks where I go & last night someone shot/killed where I go . It's ugly out there. But carrying a gun won't deter an attacker unless they know you have one(gun). How many police are attack? Why not? Maybe because its against the law & they carry a badge & gun. How's the crime rate in liberal carry states? Low. Why? Because criminals have a deterrent where more people ccw. Why do people put alarm signs in their front yard & on their windows? It's called a deterrent. A gun on your side is the last thing you should ever have to grab unless you are going to kill someone. A deterrent . That's all we're taking about. Not playing cop. I personally don't like being poked with a stick by strangers in a park. But if they saw a small badge on my belt or around my neck, all I'm simply saying is, they'd probably not come up to me. And for maybe 3 hours a day, to have the piece of mind that I won't have to kill someone, I think a small metal deterrent is worth a life. Because the collateral repercussions of firing one shoot might lose you everything. Family, job, home.

If the badge is laughable, again I'd have to ask, would you go up to person wearing only a badge & then screw with them ? I know I wouldn't, because it might land me a night in jail or shot. Because I would think them to be a ”public” servant.

Just because you carry doesn't mean the sh!t won't hit the fan. I'm just trying prevent it from every flying my way.
    If you really think a little piece of tin on your belt is going to stop sh!t from hitting the fan go right ahead. Carrying a fake badge as a deterrent is akin to carrying an empty gun. Best of luck to you.

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

I've read through many post on this subject. I own a handgun and have recently gone through the CHL class. The reason for getting a permit varies from person to person. Business, pleasure, disability, family, home, etc. Here's a reason why I'm looking into buying a badge. It's the same reason I've thought about buying one of those fake "FBI" or "CSI" hoodies. My hobby puts me out in the public at all hours of the day. Sometimes very late and very early in the morning. I have been approached a few times by prostitutes, and "others" you don't want to turn your back on. My hobby takes my attention off my surroundings and I can't be focused 100% on who's walking up to me.

I'm not saying that I want to announce that I'm carrying a weapon, I want to announce a "QUESTION" to whomever might be thinking about walking up to me. I want the "bad and seedy" persons to avoid me. Regular folks probably would feel safer knowing that there's a "deterrent" for bad persons in the area. It's the same reason people "feel" safer when there's a security or police officer patrolling an area.

I don't want to pose as an officer, etc. And that's the "CON" side to this badge carry. I don't want "GOOD" persons coming up to me either asking me questions. But if I have a choice, I'd rather a "good" person vs a "bad" approach me. Their intentions are the key factor.

Which brings me to the point of why I'd carry a badge. A "bad" person might look and see a badge hanging from my neck and "KNOW" to stay away. A "BAD" person looks for signs that might get them caught. But the flip side is, you also become a target for that nut who thinks your a police "type" of officer. In my life, I see more pluses to wearing one when I'm doing my hobby. But for general everyday carry, the badge would probably not be needed.

It honestly depends on where and what you are doing. And why you need one.
    May we ask what sort of hobby puts you around prostitutes and involved with the public at wee hours in the morning?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Already the negative comments. I've had to pepper spray dogs, twice & call the police twice. We've had gang attacks where I go & last night someone shot/killed where I go . It's ugly out there. But carrying a gun won't deter an attacker unless they know you have one(gun). How many police are attack? Why not? Maybe because its against the law & they carry a badge & gun. How's the crime rate in liberal carry states? Low. Why? Because criminals have a deterrent where more people ccw. Why do people put alarm signs in their front yard & on their windows? It's called a deterrent. A gun on your side is the last thing you should ever have to grab unless you are going to kill someone. A deterrent . That's all we're taking about. Not playing cop. I personally don't like being poked with a stick by strangers in a park. But if they saw a small badge on my belt or around my neck, all I'm simply saying is, they'd probably not come up to me. And for maybe 3 hours a day, to have the piece of mind that I won't have to kill someone, I think a small metal deterrent is worth a life. Because the collateral repercussions of firing one shoot might lose you everything. Family, job, home.

Why do you CC then... just open carry and let them know you actually do have a gun, whereas your idea is wearing a badge that doesn't mean anything. According to your defenses, this would deter the stuff from flying your way and you won't run the risk of having a run in with a real police officer who suspects you are impersonating one.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Plain and simple, a badge is for law enforcement. If you give every Tom, ****, and Harry a badge you will create problems. For one, people will start to question the veracity of a LEO's badge. Two, please refer to the "having a gun doesn't make you a LEO" thread, vigilante-ism would probably see an up-tick. Three, you've heard of people impersonating LEO for less than savory purposes like rape and car-jacking, would thiss increase as well?
    -
    I'm not googling every state, but I'll bet you a dollar that every concealed permit requires that you carry it while armed. Why do you think that is?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast