Concealed carry badges? - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

No badge for me. I could never see the point of having one as everyone else has already mentioned.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Does that mean security guards are pretending to be cops because they wear the exact same uniforms as cops just different patches. Some security guards even have badges. I will use any piece of hardware it takes to save my life. I do not have a badge but when I see answers like you are pretending to be a cop, that is plain BS. Some mayor's has a badges, non police / non security government officials have badges. A lot of people have badges that are not police.

So how many of you would give up your CCW license if a law passed tomorrow that you had to have a CCW badge.

Sorry folks but these answers are not about badges but more like a badge with a gun.. One or the other is fine but both together automatically screams cop. That is stereotyping. :)

it would be one thing if it was actually required to have with a ccw permit.. but if it's not then I agree it kind of makes you stand out and would probably make you one of the first to get targeted.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Depending where you are, there may be specific laws that prohibit CCW holders from using any type of badge. Check your local regulations.

Another thought is suppose that you use your firearm to stop a BG from committing a criminal act against a loved one. (Basic defense of others situation). You display your "ccw badge" and draw your firearm, but end up not shooting the BG because he dropped his gun and surrendered. Now when he's questioned by police, the BG claims that you said something like "freeze police", so he surrendered. Your 4 year old daughter (the one you defended) can't remember if you used the word "police" or not. Now you have a potential situation where you can be prosecuted for "impersonating a police officer". This charge aginst you may mitigate the punishment the BG receives.

If a "badge" was REQUIRED with my CCW, I'd certainly comply with the law and carry one, but until that happens, it's no "mall ninja" badge for me.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I agree with the no badge thing I just don't agree with the reasons. A bad guy can say you screamed police anyways. Having a badge does not mean you did or did not. In the end it will be your word against his. If you did scream police then you get what you get. Just as we train with our guns, we train the way we approach a situation. Again, I agree with you all just not the reasoning. Plus it makes good conversation.:icon_smile:

You say you agree with our position on CCW badges, but that you disagree with the logic. Ok, so then what's YOU'RE reason for not carrying a CCW badge?
    NRA, GOA, TNFA, TNGCA

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherCC View Post
    You say you agree with our position on CCW badges, but that you disagree with the logic. Ok, so then what's YOU'RE reason for not carrying a CCW badge?

My reasons are simple. I just don't want a badge, I see no need for it. I have enough stuff to carry why would I want more. Not because it makes people think I might be a cop or it is mall ninja tactics. I have read time and time again where people print and a person will approach them and say, are you a cop. A gun is a symbol of a police officer just as a badge is. I will still carry a gun even though it gives people a wrong impression. If I can open carry in my state because there is no law that says I can not open carry then I should be able to carry a badge if there is no law that says I can not. Everything else is just personal opinion.

The right to carry is God given.

LEO are given the responsibility of investigating crimes and need a badge to represent this authority.

We do not need a badge to show our right to carry. :n:

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan1888 View Post
    The right to carry is God given.

LEO are given the responsibility of investigating crimes and need a badge to represent this authority.

We do not need a badge to show our right to carry. :n:

Tarzan

+1 Well put Tarzan!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

"He that hath no sword sell his grarment and buy one"
    Luke 22:36

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast