Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    When do we get to change underwear?
    January 20, 2009
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

3. Concealed Carry Badges

This topic has been discussed to death in just about every pro-gun forum out there. That being said, let me say I own one of those badges (not the chintzy kind we all normally think of) which bears my name, permit number and state. Why? Because I can. I am not an LEO and would never flash it pretending that I am (only an idiot would do that). But it might just come in handy after a defensive shooting in which I'm unable to holster my weapon as the LEOs arrive, causing them to momentarily hesitate in taking me out and allowing me to put the gun down and drop to my knees with my hands behind my head, begging them not to shoot. Hey - it's worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I
    That we have to jump through hoops and be licensed to exercise a right that is already ours is criminal on the part of the government. Arguing over badges is a sideshow because badges are meant to show rank, station, or purpose. Nobody needs to give notice of something everyone can rightfully do.
    +1 Insightful.

A badge actually acts to subvert the standing of self-defense as a universal right, and to instead frame it as an elite privilege.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

5. As with most things that draw the eyes of bad guys you are the first shot. Badge, shirt and ball cap with LEO or swat make good targets.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
    This topic has been discussed to death in just about every pro-gun forum out there. That being said, let me say I own one of those badges (not the chintzy kind we all normally think of) which bears my name, permit number and state. Why? Because I can. I am not an LEO and would never flash it pretending that I am (only an idiot would do that). But it might just come in handy after a defensive shooting in which I'm unable to holster my weapon as the LEOs arrive, causing them to momentarily hesitate in taking me out and allowing me to put the gun down and drop to my knees with my hands behind my head, begging them not to shoot. Hey - it's worth a try!
    That's what I said, just not anywhere as well done as you phrased it. Thanks.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
    At what point does the badge assist you in doing this?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Nuff said.....
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

i have a badge

look i dont think thay are bad not at all .look if you are in a store or anyother place you are allowed to carry people dont get worryed as fast of you .and dont look at you like you are a threat to them also i got mine from a memphis leo lmao you cant get in troble for wearing one. unnnnnnnnnless you go around flashing it saying im a cop or im fbi (ect. you can have a badge for anything right??? what does it matter what somone has a badge for ???? the fact is people that carry one is to calm others down when wearing it when thay see what it says thay go about there bizz anyway . do you really think someone freaks out and says you got a gun he has a gun and you say i have my permit back thay wont freak out .now take some one with the badge thay dont even look at it and freak out bleave i know dont it both ways and bleave me i would rather have mine

10. There is only one reason to have a badge. That is to avert issues if a member of the public spots your gun. If they also see the badge, they are less likely to call the police and report someone with a weapon.

Other than that, no reason to carry one. Any cop is going to want to see your permit and not some badge.

Badges, we don't need no stinking badges mon

Don't get caught with a badge in Montana unless you are an LEO.
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast