Concealed carry badges? - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 190

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by haveme1 View Post
    Why is this 3 pages ?

    Because people have the ability to share their 'great store of knowledge' without the courtesy to read what's already been posted.


    Mods, please lock this one, it needs a long rest.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Because people have the ability to share their 'great store of knowledge' without the courtesy to read what's already been posted.


    Mods, please lock this one, it needs a long rest.

    Because we suffer from 1st Amendmentitis.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Because we suffer from 1st Amendmentitis.
    I don't think so. I think people don't bother to read what's been posted and either repeat what's already in the thread or add inane comments. It leads me to think of George Santayana and people's inability to know what preceded the current moment.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  5. #64
    A badge will get you in trouble in Kansas. I wouldn't want one anyway because it would bring unwanted attention while attempting to keep a firearm concealed.


    I stumbled onto this forum by accident and thought it looked interesting. I'll spend some time reading various threads to learn the lay of the land. Early in Jan. I completed the resident Kansas CC course and took the nonresident Utah CC course a week ago. I'm waiting on the paperwork from both states so I'm currently not carrying at this point.
    Last edited by BearTaylor; 02-02-2009 at 11:28 AM.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by BearTaylor View Post
    A badge will get you in trouble in Kansas. I wouldn't want one anyway because it would bring unwanted attention while attempting to keep a firearm concealed.


    I stumbled onto this forum by accident and thought it looked interesting. I'll spend some time reading various threads to learn the lay of the land. Early in Jan. I completed the resident Kansas CC course and took the nonresident Utah CC course a week ago. I'm waiting on the paperwork from both states so I'm currently not carrying at this point.
    BearTaylor, welcome.

  7. #66
    I concur, bad idea. If you're a SC CWP then you've probably heard about the guy at the Greenville, SC gun show a few years ago who decided to wear one of these so-called CCW badges on his belt while openly carrying. That BS lasted about five minutes before the city police arrested him for impersonating a LEO and for open carry. Then, I'm sure SLED revoked his permit- what an idiot!

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    ...guy who decided to wear one of these so-called CCW badges on his belt while openly carrying. That BS lasted about five minutes before the city police arrested him for impersonating a LEO and for open carry. Then, I'm sure SLED revoked his permit- what an idiot!
    What a dipsht. IMO those CCW badges are patently a bad idea.

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    In reference to item #3 in the list above, when the LEOs arrive at the scene, and you are holding a gun, pointed at the perp, and the perp decides to exclaim, "He's gonna shoot me! Stop him!", will the LEOs calmly ask me to put my gun down, or will they first shoot me to neutralize the threat? Will they ask me to produce my permit AFTER they shoot me? We just watched a video of a LEO shoot an unarmed man in the back in a subway station, and even if that was an accident, imagine what a jumpy LEO might do when faced with the scenario above.
    Do you have a real-life example of that scenario available? And if so, how would a CWP badge produce a different outcome?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  10. I don't carry my old Police Sergeant badge, it's in my dresser. If I thought a badge was a good idea I would. Definitely not a CCW badge.

  11. #70
    Just like my wife's nagging, this topic never ends.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast