Concealed carry badges? - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

To add, I think a badge, if seen, could also get you involved in a situation you would not want to get into the middle of. Minor squabbles and auto accidents are just a couple of things that I like to stay out of, and would not want anyone asking me to handle, thinking I was a LEO!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JBob77 View Post
    To add, I think a badge, if seen, could also get you involved in a situation you would not want to get into the middle of. Minor squabbles and auto accidents are just a couple of things that I like to stay out of, and would not want anyone asking me to handle, thinking I was a LEO!
    To justify your point a number of years back I worked security at the plant and we had a uniform that mirrored the local PD security shield and all, N I was out getting food on a break ( no we had no weapons ) and there was a car bicycle accident and despite the fact that my arm patch said "Security POST" I had a pile of people pointing and wanting me to do something, as I had left my cell at the plant, I just shouted back Not a cop, call one!!!
    Again badge bad idea.... If you want a real one run for Constable, and in most areas it gives you the right to carry just like the police....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

4. Talking Badge

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    BTW, if you honestly think the cops won't be able to tell you from the perp...consider not looking like a perp in the first place. There's a bias here, but society isn't perfect.
    I was just wondering what a perp looks like? Some of the worst serial killers have been persons who you would never think of as a killer who were walking around in society fooling the police and some are still doing it..

I also think that a badge, if legal in the state that they live in, is a personal decision and that the ones who decide to get one should not be made fun of..Not everyone can get a CCP and they should be proud to be able to get one and as long as they don't play cop then go for it.

A lot of people think that we are stupid for carrying a gun, some think it is stupid to carry a badge if we have a CCP, does it really matter? I'd say if you want one, you deserve one, go for it. Think of it as a trophy for being an upstanding person. Just keep it concealed and you should have no problems.
    Also remember that we are not Mall Ninjas, wanna be cops, or a sheepdog, just someone trying to protect ourselves..Enjoy

I Agree

I also agree here in nyc if you show a badge and your not a LEO you will be treated as a BG until everything gets straighten out..

BigTee

I would leave the badges to actual "first responders". Besides, if the SHTF in this country and civil war breaks out, the only people left wearing badges will be the communist thugs and traitors trying to impose obummers will on us... You wouldn't want to be mistaken for the enemy

we don't need no stinking badges

from the 100 best movie lines
    YouTube - We don't need no stinking badges!

Badges"

The Attorney General has become aware of vendors selling concealed carry badges to holders of concealed handgun licenses. These badges are similar in shape and design to those used by law enforcement, and may appear to officers to be official identification. Please be aware that a badge is not required for carrying a concealed handgun and cannot be used as a substitute for the concealed handgun license issued by an sheriff. Displaying a badge may give the false, and illegal, impression that the holder is a law enforcement officer, and possibly leading to criminal prosecution for impersonating an officer. The badge may also attract attention from criminals who believe the holder is an officer.

Concealed carry badges????? Complete idiocy!!!!!!!! How about a sweatshirt or t-shirt that says "I pack a BIG gun!"

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Concealed carry badges????? Complete idiocy!!!!!!!! How about a sweatshirt or t-shirt that says "I pack a BIG gun!"
    But I do have a big gun.

11. Will this thread ever end. I wish the mods would put this on a sticky and end it.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast