Dont know where it came from but I like it

Thread: Dont know where it came from but I like it

1. Thumbs up Dont know where it came from but I like it

Shooting in Butte , Montana
    Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders:

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resides, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resides was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resides was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants......and she wins, she is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control !
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I like this story. Good for her. You don't think the major news media is biased do you? Thanks KimberRB for posting it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Some how I don't think that we will ever see that story in the Washington Post, or the New York Times.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Great post. I'd like to go shooting with that kid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but here's where it came from:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

On a good note, they include 2 real stories of kids defending themselves. My favorite is the last one where the 11-year old kills 2 bad guys. Who says a .22 won't work for home defense?

man that is awesome... nothing but respect for the 11 year old girl and her parents for properly teaching her.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 05-09-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

9. Yeah I saw that a few monthes back in the Rifleman I think. Great story though wish the media was reproting things like that. I shudder to think what those animals would have done to that little girl if she had not gotten to the shotgun in time. If more women could have access to guns and the proper training on how to use them the world would be a better place.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

I'm wondering if there were any firearms laws violated on the part of the gun owners. I'm glad that things worked out, and the BG got what they had coming, but here in Hawaii, the gun owner would probably be put on trial for allowing a minor access to a firearm. Hard to believe, but there is a specific law that states that firearms are to be secured as to be inaccessable to minors and "unauthorized persons".

Glad I'm outta here soon!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Well Daddyo, it's to bad you found out the story doesn't seem to be true but at least you found a few that were true. I wish more children were educated on the use of firearms.