Kahr Arms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Arms

Kahr Arms

Was reading in this months issue of Conde Nast Portfolio magazine that this company was founded and is still currently run by the son of the Unification Church (the Moonies- Reverend Sun Myung Moon). Apparently the funding to build the Kahr Arms $20 Million dollar empire came from the Unification Church and is part of thier broad plan to have a segment of many entities to allow thier self sustinance under the "New World Order". The Unification Church has its hand in everything from automobile manufacturing to agriculture and mass food production. The manufacturing of their own arms here in the USA, or their hand in the funding and reaseach for arms manufacturing, is to allow them to protect their future communities from potential invasion.

Talk about getting the most out available 2A rights... these guys have not only put a new twist in the lollipop, they're gettin ready for something.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i don't know anything about this. I do know they are part of Thompson and Auto Ordnance. They were probably, however, at one time all independent companies. :)
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    i don't know anything about this. I do know they are part of Thompson and Auto Ordnance. They were probably, however, at one time all independent companies. :)
    Yep, I was actually quite shocked at how may different businesses they're dialed into, to include the founding nad current senior mgmt of the Kahr Arms manufacturing... very interesting read in Conde Nast Portfolio.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. I had also read somewhere that the son is not involved with the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerDog View Post
    I had also read somewhere that the son is not involved with the Church.

Funny that you mention that because the point of the article was to outline the next in line to obtain the reigns of the Reverend Father and it has generally been accepted that this son (Justin Moon) is the most likely heir. The article says - ...Kahr's success could influence the future of the church itself. With the True Father , as followers call Reverend Moon, slowing down, speculation about his heirs has begun to emerge. Church watchers say the fact that Justin has built a company from the ground up makes him a front-runner in any possible succession race to lead the Moonies and run a church business empire valued in the billions of dollars.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. Test drove a couple of Kahrs didn't care for the recoil.:D
    Makes you wonder whose side is who on?
    Hard to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys.:D
    Nuke'em til they glow then shoot them in the dark!

doublenutz,

I've known about this since they started this company and it does influence my buying decisions. I certainly don't think that they should not be legally allowed to own the company but I just don't like supporting certain organizations, the Moonies being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    doublenutz,

I've known about this since they started this company and it does influence my buying decisions. I certainly don't think that they should not be legally allowed to own the company but I just don't like supporting certain organizations, the Moonies being one of them.
    This one is a tough call for me- Although the Moonies are part Christian and Part Confusionist- I still consider it a cult of sorts. However, they are capitalizing on their 2A rights as citizens of the US to keep and bear arms.

This one may take a while for me to sort out intellectually.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. Cool Moonie Gun----NOT!!!

I read where Justin Moon was not involved in his Fathers Church. He was living in Korea, working for Daewoo in the Arms Design and Engineering Section and had worked on some of the projects for the Korean Military arms. He later immigrated to the U.S with the help of his Father and initially worked for some American gun companies, until starting Kahr Arms. He later bought out Thompson/ Auto Ordnance from Numrich Corp. in New, York. From what I understand, a "Moonie" he is not, but of course maintains a relationship with his family.

Man, my two favorite weapons are made by them. My Kahr PM9 and my Para Ord P-10. I wonder how many Moonies have been shot with a Kahr or Para Ord?
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast