DHS Purchases 750 MILLION Rounds of Ammunition

Thread: DHS Purchases 750 MILLION Rounds of Ammunition

Post DHS Purchases 750 MILLION Rounds of Ammunition

I just read an article where the DHS placed an order for three quarters of a BILLION rounds of high powered rifle ammunition.

You can read the article for yourself here by following this link:

DHS Purchases 750 Million Rounds Of High-Power Ammo : Freedom Outpost

Now... DHS is a DOMESTIC agency, charged with protecting the HOMELAND. This is NOT a Department of Defense order that would be used by our military serving overseas.

Everyone was shocked and terrified to learn that the shooter in CO had 6000 rounds. What kind of damage can be done with a QUARTER BILLION rounds of ammunition in the hands of a government agency that has VERY limited firearms training.

And WHO exactly is the DHS preparing for with their 750 MILLION rounds (oh.. and that in ADDITION to the 40 million rounds of .40SW they already acquired earlier this year).

To see the answer you need only look in your mirror.

3. DHS Purchases 750 MILLION Rounds of Ammunition

Just saw it online after I read this post . The government is buying a lot of big caliber rounds . I am sure it's just for the army lol

4. Ok, nothing personal against you, but seeing this blindly regurgitated on every forum is tiring. I'd like to know where they got that 750 million quantity from, because it sure isn't from the linked solicitation. Add it up, it totals 63,256,000 rounds over a 5 year period. According to wikipedia DHS has 240,000 employees. If even half of those are armed, that works out to 572 rounds per agent over that 5 year period for training and qualification.

Then it was reported that the NOAA bought a big bunch and now reports the Social Security Admin doing the same.

It is nothing to worry about. The ammo is for the FLETC at Glynco, GA. ( Brunswick, GA, exit 38 on I-95. )
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Then it was reported that the NOAA bought a big bunch and now reports the Social Security Admin doing the same.
    Those are the ones to wory about.
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by draggindakota View Post
    Ok, nothing personal against you, but seeing this blindly regurgitated on every forum is tiring. I'd like to know where they got that 750 million quantity from, because it sure isn't from the linked solicitation. Add it up, it totals 63,256,000 rounds over a 5 year period. According to wikipedia DHS has 240,000 employees. If even half of those are armed, that works out to 572 rounds per agent over that 5 year period for training and qualification.
    DHS trains all sorts of Federal Officers at Glynco, not just DHS. 1st year order is up to 10,354,000 rounds in all sizes.
    NRA Certified RSO

Blog Entries
    don't know about you guys but i sure don't cut up paper targets w.jhp. do you? 450 million rounds of .40 jhp is just a bit much to just target practice for one department of the federal government. what are the other departments doing?
    Hillbilly proud.... you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation