DC: Police to seal off city - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DC: Police to seal off city

Quote Originally Posted by Leaving Mass View Post
    Why must someone decides whats legitimate to me or not ?

If a Black cop decides a white person doesn't belong somewhere you would be screaming racism
    If a male cop decides woman aren't allowed you would be screaming sexism
    I can go on, but most get the idea
    DO YOU ?

If ok to lose your 4th Amendments rights
    but its not OK to lose your 2nd, right ?
    you're only happy with ones that benefits you ?

I hope people that think like you don't vote
    Its people like you that's helping .gov to take our Constitution apart

PAPERS PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Why must someone decides whats legitimate to me or not ?

Exactly. What about our wonderful bureaucrats that want us to have firearms that have a "sporting purpose"only. I don't care one bit about having a rifle to hunt with. I do not hunt. I buy my firearms with the intent to protect me from criminals from with in or with out. If hunting were the only "legitimate" reason for a firearm then I would be out of luck. If someone else wants to hunt then I support their right to do so. I get tired of hearing people use the excuse of crime as a pretence to trash the constitution especially when it is the officials that have caused this crises in the first place that are so ready to offer this kind of :Poep: as a solution.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

So what they're saying is that if they don't like your reason for driving into the neighborhood (not that you should have to provide one in the first place) then you will be denied entry. Just like with their harebrained gun laws, they are punishing law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals, and in the end, crime is not going to go down.

Detroit Used To Have a High Murder Rate

Detroit was at one time one of the worst cities in the US. Michigan brought back CCW and in just a couple of years the crime rate in Detroit dropped to below the national average. Once SCOTUS strikes down the gun ban in DC hopefully things will reverse there as well.:58:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Remarks by Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA)

NRA-ILA :: Speeches

It wasn’t limited to rich people, poor people,
    or people of any one race.

And that’s the way freedom works.

Which is why we cherish it so much…

Freedom protects us all equally, and when it is taken away we are all equally threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Detroit was at one time one of the worst cities in the US. Michigan brought back CCW and in just a couple of years the crime rate in Detroit dropped to below the national average. Once SCOTUS strikes down the gun ban in DC hopefully things will reverse there as well.:58:
    yes imagine that.. let the people protect themselves, as following the constitution, and all of a sudden the police don't have to work so hard. now if we can just get rid of the pointless registration requirement of firearms as well as "no carry" zones.. then we will be in even better shape.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

7. I think DUI and seatbelt roadblocks are not right. I don't have a belt on my bike.Pushing the limits of the Law to protect us is sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Detroit is a special case. Concealed carry or no concealed carry, a look at the list of America's most dangerous cities each year, always shows Detroit to be among the 5 most dangerous cities in the nation, something that has not changed since the advent of concealed carry there. Allowing concealed carry by law abiding citizens doesn't make it any more or less dangerous; it gives law abiding citizens a chance to defend themselves against the thugs, criminals, and gangbangers who prey on the law abiding, as that's the way it should be. Detroit and other big, majority-minority cities are always going to be dangerous and crime infested regardless of what the law says about lawful concealed carry.

Camden, New Jersey is one of the most impoverished cities in the U.S. and also one of the most crime ridden, and it happens to be located in a state that is may issue with regard to CCW permits. Even if it were to become shall issue, it would still be one of the most dangerous and crime ridden cities in the U.S., and I don't believe that law abiding gun lovers would all of a sudden start flocking there.

I live in Gary, Indiana, which for most of the past decade, has led the nation in the number of homicides per 100,000 residents (last year, even though the population fell below 100,000, the city still had 71 homicides, far higher than NYC's 6 per 100,000). Indiana has virtually no gun control and NYC has a lot of it, yet look at the disparity in the crime rate. What this shows is that it takes a lot more than a change in gun control laws to lower the crime rate.

Thumbs down I stand corrected!

100 most dangerous cities in the USA America states 10 20 50

Detroit has moved back to #1. Bummer I was thinking about a nice vacation there.:06:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Detroit is a special case. Concealed carry or no concealed carry, a look at the list of America's most dangerous cities each year, always shows Detroit to be among the 5 most dangerous cities in the nation, something that has not changed since the advent of concealed carry there. Allowing concealed carry by law abiding citizens doesn't make it any more or less dangerous; it gives law abiding citizens a chance to defend themselves against the thugs, criminals, and gangbangers who prey on the law abiding, as that's the way it should be. Detroit and other big, majority-minority cities are always going to be dangerous and crime infested regardless of what the law says about lawful concealed carry.

Camden, New Jersey is one of the most impoverished cities in the U.S. and also one of the most crime ridden, and it happens to be located in a state that is may issue with regard to CCW permits. Even if it were to become shall issue, it would still be one of the most dangerous and crime ridden cities in the U.S., and I don't believe that law abiding gun lovers would all of a sudden start flocking there.

I live in Gary, Indiana, which for most of the past decade, has led the nation in the number of homicides per 100,000 residents (last year, even though the population fell below 100,000, the city still had 71 homicides, far higher than NYC's 6 per 100,000). Indiana has virtually no gun control and NYC has a lot of it, yet look at the disparity in the crime rate. What this shows is that it takes a lot more than a change in gun control laws to lower the crime rate.
    Thank you for finally helping Festus realize what i have been tellng him for weeks at work. Yes CCW is a great thing, i dont think anyone on this site feels otherwise, but its not an automatic fix it for crime! You should have seen his face here at work while he was googling this stuff and realizing you were correct. Classic!:coolb:

11. Show them your paper work. One ply or two.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast