What's the worst POS firearm you have ever owned? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the worst POS firearm you have ever owned?

Years ago I won a marlin 22 long rifle in a card game. I cant remember the model but it had a rabbit on one side of the stock and squirrel on the other. It had a 13 round tube magazine under the barrel and a sling that was spring loaded into the stock that could be pulled out and attached under the mag. Now here comes the fun part, when you pulled the trigger one time it would empty the magazine.ALL 13 ROUNDS. LOL... we had a lot of fun with it but it was kind of scary.

The first/worst gun I bought was the infamous S&W Sigma. So glad I got rid of that POS! The firing pin broke twice in the few years I owned it. I was happy to get $150 in trade value for it. LONG LIVE THE WALTHER P99!!
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

My Glock 27 and 33! :icon_razz:
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. Thumbs down

For me it was a High Point just an all round POS right out of the box. I would not have an other one if I owned the plant. But then again if I owned the plant I would make a lot better gun.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    For me it was a High Point just an all round POS right out of the box. I would not have an other one if I owned the plant. But then again if I owned the plant I would make a lot better gun.
    Scary thing is that I see many folks list various models of High Point firearms as their CC guns.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

7. Yes Glock Fan it is scary. Talk about a false feeling of security
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Scary thing is that I see many folks list various models of High Point firearms as their CC guns.

gf
    A lot of people have no problem with Hi-Point pistols. If you break in the magazines they seem to work much better--this is the only brand of firearm where I've heard of people needing to break in magazines. (also, I have a real problem with carrying striker-fired pistols with one in the pipe--my preference is cocked-and-locked or DA only autos)

What would bother me the most about carrying a Hi-Point is the size and weight of the thing. As a trunk / truck / nightstand gun--I think they're a good choice.
    I bought 3 of their pistols used last year because I'd never owned any and wanted to try them. I have a .380, 9mm and a .40(40 is the older model with steel frame and mag release on butt of grip) They all work well, feed anything. I think I can easily recommend the 9mm as a good choice for a budget pistol as the ammo is still about the cheapest centerfire round out there. The .380 doesn't make much sense as it's the same pistol as the 9 just in a less powerful more expensive chambering.
    This is another place where many people pull out the tired and worn 'saturday night special' argument to denigrate inexpensive handguns that are a good choice for people on a limited budget. Often people are all to willing to disarm the poorest and most disadvantaged in society.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

For me, it has to be the S&W Sigma in .40 S&W. The gun functioned perfectly, but the trigger was horrendous. It was in excess of 12 pounds pull weight. Traded it within a couple of weeks towards a Springfield XD40 and I'm much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    A lot of people have no problem with Hi-Point pistols. If you break in the magazines they seem to work much better--this is the only brand of firearm where I've heard of people needing to break in magazines. (also, I have a real problem with carrying striker-fired pistols with one in the pipe--my preference is cocked-and-locked or DA only autos)

Don't know how you cock-and-lock a DAO pistol......did you by chance mean a SAO? I guess you could "lock" a XD45 with the safety, but having the ability to "cock" the hammer pretty much precludes it from being a DAO pistol.....
    "The Detonics CombatMaster .45 is a premium quality professional tool for the serious handgun expert and combat shooter. It is capable of providing the brute force stopping power of the standard-sized .45 in a size no larger than a snub-nosed .38." Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
    NV Tactical: Northern Virginia's #1 Source for Professional, Tactical Firearms Training

11. The Jennings 22 boot pistol was a good papper weight. Rossi 2" 357 took a little help with a file before it would rotate.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast