Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list! - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

Wink Safety Bullet will and has saved lives

Dear passionate gun owners,

Do you want to use your gun in a instant or fumble with trigger locks, or punch in a code or turn a combination to get to your gun in the night? I think I want my gun when I need it and quickly! If you simply pulll back the hammer the gun is now loaded the safety bullet is ejected and your ready to shoot. Why not make sure your fire arm is protected from being used by children, or anyone but you?
    It is all too easy to say "An accidental shooting would never happen to me." Again and again (about 1 death a day) though that very thing happens. Nobody see's it comming but being prepaired is the best way to prevent it. People with children must use this, children are very suduced by guns and they will pick it up. Even those children you think would never, don't take that chance.
    If someone get your gun I. E. a child and shoots it YOU'LL GO TO JAIL & BE SUED! SAFETY BULLETS can be purchased on line and we are always looking to dealers and distributers. States and countys are sold for a 1 year exclusive contract.There going fast. Let's do our part to . We have already saved the life of a little girl, now tell me that is dumb.
    SINCERLY, CLAIRE WORLEY HEIRESS OF SAFETY BULLET

Gosh, We have alot of Spam lately....
    Semper Fi

you wont call Safety Bullet a joke if it saved you

passinate gun owners,

All right I heard every thing you all said. Well first off, your gun would never become perminatly disabled because the safety bullet after fired would still take less time to get out of the gun that it would take to get a cable lock, trigger lock off or safe open. After fired simply take the ejecter rob and place it in the bearrel of your gun and hit against a hard surface. The safety bullet is out and when you pull the hammer back a letal round is loaded. This will not damage your gun. We have a money back 100% garantee.
    Another conncern was that simple education will end all accidental shootings. I wish it where that easy. Unfortunatly an accidental shooting happends everyday resulting in death.
    Someone eles wrote that children would think they could play with guns all they want if they knew there was a safety bullet in it. Not true, because once fired children cannot get the safety bullet out of the gun. When you pull the hammer back on a gun that has a safety bullet fired in it, you cannot get it out. Besides, you possable just saved a life!!! The first thing kids do when they find a gun is pull the trigger!!! Alot of times they also point it at someone, another child. I know some will have a strong adversity to this, thats fine. But, let let the smart ones, who know what gus can do and want to prevent accidents and deaths, use it. Call them stupid I'm ok with that, but they still be around to talk about it.
    Thanks for you attention, Claire Worley heirss of the Safety Bullet

Thumbs down

As a LEO I have witnessed a child that shot itself with her mother's (a LEO) weapon.

Most children of young age are not strong enough to pull the trigger in the conventional means. That is why they look down the barrel, and use their thumb to push on the trigger.

I find fault with the need of the product for this reason.

As an owner of a gun (pistol, rifle, shotgun), you should either be in positive possesion of that weapon, or it should be locked up and unloaded. Not just children can access and use that weapon on themselves or someone else. There are way too many instances of people killing their own family members.

If a person cannot figure out how to keep his/her weapon from another famly member or is too lazy to make sure that the weapon and ammo are locked up, then what makes you think that they will take the time and effort to utilize this system.

I feel like this "Safety Bulllet" is as useful as "curb feelers" for a car. If you can't properly operate it in the first place, no amount of gizzmos and gimmicks are going to keep you and everyone else safe.
    Last edited by chroode; 04-02-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Gosh, We have alot of Spam lately....
    Yep, it's getting bad around here. When I read this thread 9 months ago I thought it was one of the dumbest ideas that has come around in a while. If someone is so paranoid about someone getting hold of a firearm they need to get rid of it. Too many ways to render a firearm inoperable for me. Get a safe, keep an empty chamber on a pistol or the first chamber of a wheelgun empty. Anyway consensus here is it's a piece of junk. A get rich scheme...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Obviously spam written by a person not familiar with firearms. Not sure why, but I can't seem to pull the hammer back on my Glock.

If you simply pulll back the hammer the gun is now loaded the safety bullet is ejected and your ready to shoot.
    If I did "pull the hammer back" on my revolver, the "safety bullet" wouldn't be "ejected" unless I'm missing something and there's a new revolver on the market that will "eject" cartridges.

We have already saved the life of a little girl, now tell me that is dumb.
    Actually, I'd say there are two "dumb" things about the "little girl" who's life was saved.

1) Some irresponsible gun owner left a gun in a place that it was accessible to a "little girl".
    2) Said "irresponsible gun owner" was "dumb enough" to purchase the "safety bullet".

I find it ironic that they name their product "safety bullet" since there is no "bullet" and it has nothing to do with a "bullet". Maybe "safety cartridge" would be a more suitable name???

You won't find me wasting my money on a piece of junk that would disable my firearm. Do the manufacturers seriously think that you can pop out the expanded "safety bullet", reload and engage a BG in a timely fashion???? Not that's funny!!!!! ROFLMAO!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

What a piece of useless garbage. Someone actually paid $25 for 2 of these. I could make my own for about 10 cents. Snap caps would be a lot cheaper and would not render your weapon inoperable if your wanting a dummy round. I think I'll stick to common sense as my safety device.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ADJ423 View Post
    ~ I think I'll stick to common sense as my safety device. ~
    Agreed... Thanks
    Semper Fi

Unfortunately common sense if a very rare commodity these days.

So now I am hearing that you need to be smart and not have a gun out. Lock it up you say. Why? So you can't get to it in time?? What are you going to tell your intruder "Hold on while I get my gun out of it's safe?" That doesn't make sence. Have a safety bullet in the chamber and ejecting it when ready is the safest way.
    Nightly News did a study about children and guns. They will firnd it, the will pick it up and some times god forbid shoot it. More than you think, know, or want to admit to yourself. I am also hearing that a child is not strong enough to pull the trigger. That's funny because if you knew the actual number of young children that have done just that you'd be sick. I know that because we have studied it. Over and over the reports come in. If the safety bullet could atleast save some of these lives I think all of our HARD work has paid off. How is saving a live dumb? I don't belive most would agree with you all. In fact I think most poeple outside of your community would agree.
    As for Safety Bullet being a get rich plot, I have this to say. Safety Bullet has been ten years in the making. My father wanted to stop the children from being accidentally shoot and shooting others so he began a misson. He designed and wrote his own patent. This is something alomst impossible unless your a lawer to do. He is a very smart and compasionate man. It took years to get it approved but the patent office rushed it through because they belive in it so much. We had many set backs but finnally a year ago we were able to start building the safety bullet. It has been a long hard road, get rich quick I think not. We are not even close to being rich. My father works in his storage ban for 10 hours 6 days a week building by hand these bullets. He hopes to end accidental shootings. Now tell me why this is stupid please ENLIGHTED ME.

We have sacrafice so much to make this happen "You have no idea." Every safety device so far has not worked. Are you all so close minded that you will not give a new idea a chance. "come on people" anyone.... Claire Worley future owner

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast