Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list! - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

Update from the Babe

I sent this to her last night:
    " Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay
    Yo Claire!

I am afraid you are wasting your time here. Most on this site are already serious about firearm safety and distrust "gimmicks." You might do better with the general public who are less informed about firearm safety.

Some friendly advice from an Old Fart.

Nice pics btw on your myspace page."

Her first response:
    "yo old fart I never waste my time informing people about how they can save there fanmilies lives listen to what you are syaing then "old fart" get a glue I not going anywhere I think maybe your just jelous that I have this great company and you have well a pic of an even older fart get a life and bud out of mine"

The second:
    "i think maybe if anyone is wasting their time it is you since over 1.5 millon people amone have view my father who I love's web site in this month alone and i have had 500 view my site here in less than a mo. when you however have had only 100 how long have you been a member??? HMMMMMMM "

I have been chastised, and I imagine my g/f's status is safe, and she being all of 4 years older than Claire.

The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    I sent this to her last night:
    " Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay
    Yo Claire!

I am afraid you are wasting your time here. Most on this site are already serious about firearm safety and distrust "gimmicks." You might do better with the general public who are less informed about firearm safety.

Some friendly advice from an Old Fart.

Nice pics btw on your myspace page."

Her first response:
    "yo old fart I never waste my time informing people about how they can save there fanmilies lives listen to what you are syaing then "old fart" get a glue I not going anywhere I think maybe your just jelous that I have this great company and you have well a pic of an even older fart get a life and bud out of mine"

The second:
    "i think maybe if anyone is wasting their time it is you since over 1.5 millon people amone have view my father who I love's web site in this month alone and i have had 500 view my site here in less than a mo. when you however have had only 100 how long have you been a member??? HMMMMMMM "

I have been chastised, and I imagine my g/f's status is safe, and she being all of 4 years older than Claire.

Hope her English is a lot better. The responses you got are full of spelling and grammatical errors.

I wonder if she realizes that a lot of the views to her profile and her father's website were from the same people? I get a good chuckle from reading her posts. Reminds me of the way I wrote when I was in the 2nd grade.

She's right about not wasting her time, I'm sure like myself, a lot of responsible gun owners on this site are getting a good laugh from her posts and responses!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I wonder if she realizes that a lot of the views to her profile and her father's website were from the same people?

gf
    And most of those viewers are NOT buying. The internet equivelent of window shopping. (Or they just need a good laugh from time to time.)
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    And most of those viewers are NOT buying. The internet equivelent of window shopping. (Or they just need a good laugh from time to time.)
    I find the situation both amusing and sad. It's amusing that a couple of folks with minimal firearms knowledge would come up with a product. What's more amusing is that "Claire" thinks she'll actually have an inheritance after the company goes under. What's sad is the fact that you have a mentally deficient child working desperately for the approval of her father. If her grammatical and spelling errors aren't a clue, her highly charged responses should be. She responds without thinking about what she's going to say. It seems as though she wants to look like an idiot so when folks meet her, they don't expect much.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

[She responds without thinking about what she's going to say. It seems as though she wants to look like an idiot so when folks meet her, they don't expect much.

gf[/QUOTE]

Right set the bar low and she'll always come out on top.Well, at least she will think so. I feel sorry for her really. Hopefully, if she ever grows up, she'll realize her ignorance. Until then, it's kind of fun watching this go back and forth! Like a cat with a wounded mouse. Sad yet entertaining.
    "I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldn't mind it so much if even a few of her postings weren't plugs for her dad's product. If she had an opinion on certain brands of firearms, 2nd amendment rights...heck, ANYTHING. But every dang post I read by her has to have "Safety bullets" in it somewhere. So for me, it's like "Claire has posted again - oh look, another plug for safety bullets - big surprise there."
    When it comes to handguns, there are Sig Sauers, then there's everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
    I wouldn't mind it so much if even a few of her postings weren't plugs for her dad's product. If she had an opinion on certain brands of firearms, 2nd amendment rights...heck, ANYTHING. But every dang post I read by her has to have "Safety bullets" in it somewhere. So for me, it's like "Claire has posted again - oh look, another plug for safety bullets - big surprise there."
    That's all she's about, the almighty dollar. If wasn't for that she wouldn't be caught dead in a forum like ours. Notice her title, Heiress, that's a little over the top for me. Like a good salesperson she's going to push and defend her product regardless, even if it could cost lives!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I wonder if the safety bullet has been out long enough for there to be statistics on the number of people killed because of it, and if so, could a person even find that info?

Quote Originally Posted by devildave31 View Post
    I wonder if the safety bullet has been out long enough for there to be statistics on the number of people killed because of it, and if so, could a person even find that info?

Don't think that there are enough folks out there who purchased them to get a good sampling. I consider it a very bad product. Anyone purchasing and using the product would probably be in trouble for several other contributing factors. Don't think any injuries/deaths would be able to be directly linked to the product.

gf

I guess what I am wondering is if there has been an incident where someone had not been able to defend themselves adequately because their weapon was temporarily unoperable. Surely someone has bought these things, and I never underestimate peoples' stupidity or ignorance so there are probably a few out there.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast