Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

http://www.safetybullet.com/

This has got to be one of the dumbest things marketed to the gun community. :n: Shouldn't we be securing our firearms rather than leaving them lying around for a "kid" or "intruder" to find? I like the "second" level of security where they guy recommends having a "safety bullet" chambered and one at the top of the magazine. I'd figure that if an unauthorized person (proper term rather than "kid" or "intruder") were strong enough to cycle the action once, they'd be able to do it a second, third, etc. time. :confused3:

I sent "Mike" an email voicing my strong opinion against his product. I encourage others to do the same. I forsee this device as an excuse for a bundle of future "Negligent Discharges", not to mention the product liability lawsuits.

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 06-10-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: add info missing from original post
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

What is this product called? And who is Mike? The information you give provides very little specific information other than the picture. Can you provide anything more?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    What is this product called? And who is Mike? The information you give provides very little specific information other than the picture. Can you provide anything more?

Google is our friend:

http://www.safetybullet.com/

You've got to read the 'levels of protection'...
    Undoubtedly one of the lamest, most idiotic, simple-minded... ... ...

Someday I'll tell you what I really think of a fool who would design such a product.

Oh yeah, $20
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I'll bet the "Mike" (the guy who invented this) doesn't know much about guns.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

You guys aren't giving this product enough credit; safety bullets are the greatest invention since square wheels. It just makes sense.

Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I hope this guy has them in ALL of his guns.

gf

Thanks for finally including that URL. Anyway, wow, this is simply amazing! Much better than following simple safe storage rules.

If a child comes across and plays with a gun loaded with these and nothing happens, they may think that all guns will behave similarly. In the end, nothing can substitute for safe gun storage.

This guy was at a local gun show two weekends ago here, all i'll say is i wasnt too impressed...

what a great invention! just think, now us gun loving 2A supporting people can just lay back and not even worry about being responsible. talk about a product that promotes stupidity...because some people are just too lazy to get a slight bit of education about it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

SECOND!!! Yet if your child finds your firearm and pulls the trigger, if you have a Safety Bullet®installed, your gun just became instantly disabled.

....and during a break in while under great stress you forget it is in there and try to shoot the intruder you may become Permanently disabled.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast