Gunshot Suicide at Range - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunshot Suicide at Range

"He should not have been allowed on the range," the elder Karorero insisted. "If you run this type of business, you should exercise supervision throughout."
    Of course. It stands to reason that if he hadn't been able to shoot himself all of his suicidal tendencies would have been thwarted and he would have gone on to a long, norrmal life...right?

I think, instead of blaming his suicide on the availability of a gun (which he went through some manipulations and contortions to achieve, I see), perhaps his family conditions (not to mention the possible influence of the political situations in his African homes of Burundi and Rwanda [and did I mention his father is a UN Dipolmat? That may have depressed him! It would me!!]) should come under scrutiny. SOMEbody has to be blamed other than the kid who actually DID it, Dammit!

Why can't they just be sad and mourn for a kid who had what he felt were insurmountable problems, and regret his passing, instead of always having to lay blame?!
    Last edited by Ektarr; 06-19-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    SOMEbody has to be blamed other than the kid who actually DID it, Dammit!

Why can't they just be sad and mourn for a kid who had what he felt were insurmountable problems, and regret his passing, instead of always having to lay blame?!
    Shhhh...self-responsibility is an obscene concept. If I choke someone to death with a clotheshanger, that's obviously Ikea's fault for making an object so conveniently shaped for such devious purposes.

Not that I ever have or anything...but they are perfectly shaped for that purpose.
    Last edited by toreskha; 06-20-2008 at 02:16 AM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Shhhh...self-responsibility is an obscene concept. If I choke someone to death with a clotheshanger, that's obviously Ikea's fault for making an object so conveniently shaped for such devious purposes.

Not that I ever have or anything...but they are perfectly shaped for that purpose.
    aaah yes grasshoppa... now you are beginning to think like a liberal.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

A real bummer but if he hadn't used a gun, it would have been some other tool he would have misused.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bubba View Post
    A real bummer but if he hadn't used a gun, it would have been some other tool he would have misused.
    Like maybe a high building? ;)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Like maybe a high building? ;)

gf
    or a bottle of pills? or a train? or a knife? or a rope? these things should all be banned.. especially ropes.. they are good for nothing but suicide.

Hi guys, first time poster here.

I was at the range and saw the guy who committed suicide and he had a disturbing vibe to him. He was there for at least two hours and was not socializing or talking to anybody, I mean not even eye contact. I knew something was off about him and me and couple of other members were talking about him. It's sad that he decided to take his life, I left right before he killed himself and I read in todays paper that Byian got his licenses pulled by the city, that's tragic because Byian is good guy and if he knew this guy was unstable, he would have taken that rifle from him. I believe that kid was determined to do it, no matter what and Byian was watching this kid most of the time, but since there is no time limit, the minute a phone rings, he would be left alone. Tragic event.
    'SUICIDE' GUN-TUTOR DISARMED - New York Post

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Hi guys, first time poster here.

I was at the range and saw the guy who committed suicide and he had a disturbing vibe to him. He was there for at least two hours and was not socializing or talking to anybody, I mean not even eye contact. I knew something was off about him and me and couple of other members were talking about him. It's sad that he decided to take his life, I left right before he killed himself and I read in todays paper that Byian got his licenses pulled by the city, that's tragic because Byian is good guy and if he knew this guy was unstable, he would have taken that rifle from him. I believe that kid was determined to do it, no matter what and Byian was watching this kid most of the time, but since there is no time limit, the minute a phone rings, he would be left alone. Tragic event.
    'SUICIDE' GUN-TUTOR DISARMED - New York Post

yes it's sad that people blame the gun and don't let the people be responsable for their own actions. it's a crying shame.
    and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    yes it's sad that people blame the gun and don't let the people be responsable for their own actions. it's a crying shame.
    Worse than that, normal people who aren't aware that someone is a mental case have to be responsible for those who should be under the care of a psychiatrist. Regular people are bad enough, but adding suicidal tendencies makes it a powder keg.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

How inconsiderate. The guy clearly wasn't thinking about the poor sap who'd have to clean up the mess.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast