Have you thanked a gun owner lately?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you thanked a gun owner lately?

1. Have you thanked a gun owner lately?

Three years ago my wife was assaulted by a man in a parking ramp here in downtown Grand Rapids Michigan. She was thrown to the ground by a stair way and her legs were forced open as this would be rapist attempted to penetrate her after ripping off her dress.

The assailant, and my wife, were both stunned by the loud noise of a cocking gun nearby. The assailant, who was on top of my wife looked up to see a man no more than fifty feet away pointing a gun at him and telling him to not move. The assailant got up and ran of course, however, my wife wasn't violated either.

My wife told me that the man who saved her life and chastity ran away just as fast as the assailant did in the other direction, most likely fearing some sort of prosecution or perhaps he wasn't licensed to carry/own a firearm. It remains a mystyery to us to this day.

Anyways, thanks to him and thank you every gun owner who are society's little saviors in disguise. God Bless You.

I am glad to here that there was someone there to help her. To bad the good guy did not shoot the punk though because he lived to attack someone else another day.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Very true.. Never looked at it that way...

Glad to hear that your wife made it out ok and thank God there was someone there willing to step up and help. Hopefully since then you both have been added to the CCW ranks. Who knows maybe one day you or your wife may save someone else from the same situation.

Also welcome to the Forum!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I agree with KimberPB and I'm also very glad your wife is ok. Being a woman and disabled, I refuse to be a victim, so I have a CCP and carry. Depending on the situation, such as the one described, I would intervene and defend someone else.

Welcome to the Forum.
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

7. Ccw

Since then my wife has gotten her CCW permit. I on the other hand am not allowed to possess or carry a firearm due to a felony when I was a teen.

I am glad to hear that your wife was saved like that. and great job to the mystery man who saved her.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcnittc View Post
    Since then my wife has gotten her CCW permit. I on the other hand am not allowed to possess or carry a firearm due to a felony when I was a teen.
    Check with your states attorney's general office to see if your gun rights can be restored.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

10. Quote Originally Posted by mcnittc View Post
    As the poster mentioned, I would definitely look into the possibility of having your gun right restored.

It is wonderful to know that there was someone there to save your wife. Welcome to the forum.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

I am very glad to hear your wife was left unharmed. It's great to know there are still people who care.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast