New to the game NM to CO

Thread: New to the game NM to CO

1. Arrow New to the game NM to CO

Hey all,
    Awesome site. Lots of info but I need some help.. I have an NM CCL, moved to CO in Jan. How long is my NM CCLgood for? What are the steps and requirements to get a CO CCL?

Thanks..

I don't have the answer but welcome from Texas. There are a lot of knowledgeable posters here so I am sure someone will be able to help.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Welcome from Ohio----This Link may help answer some of your Questions--Colorado Concealed Carry CCW Laws and Information
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

"We The People"

"The Pro Gun Blog"

Welcome from florida. Co will only honor your out of state when you live in that state.

Welcome to Colorado!

Basically your NM permit is good until your Drivers License becomes a Colorado license. The address on your permit must now match the state that your permit is from in order for it to be recognized here. If I recall correctly, you have 6 months to get your license changed once you have taken up residence here.

What part of CO did you move to? I'm asking because as long as it's not Denver, you can open carry without a permit and carry in your car without a permit. If it's Denver, my suggestion would be to get your CO license right away and then start the process of obtaining a CO permit. In the meantime, just keep your NM permit and driver's license available in case you're stopped by LEO, and just explain that you're visiting from NM and whatever you do, don't indicate that you're establishing residency in CO until you've actually received your CO CCW.

Hello, and Welcom from the sunny SC shore.. I am sure someone will be able to answer your question....
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

90 days...

Per CO Statute 18-12-213 (b) II, you have 90 days from the date of becoming a CO resident to get a CO permit. Residency is typically defined by the State that issues your DL, the license plates for your personally owned vehicles or where you're registered to vote. Take the class and apply now.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...