Victory in D.C. vs Heller
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Victory in D.C. vs Heller

1. Victory in D.C. vs Heller

The court ruled 5 - 4 in favor of Heller, and ruled that the D.C. gun ban is unconstitutional. However, the details have not been disemanated yet, so it will be some time before we know exactly how far reaching this victory is for 2nd Amendment rights.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

I think the biggest victory is the ruling that it is the individual right and not just a militias right. I may be a little too optimistic, but I believe this is great news.
    "The Detonics CombatMaster .45 is a premium quality professional tool for the serious handgun expert and combat shooter. It is capable of providing the brute force stopping power of the standard-sized .45 in a size no larger than a snub-nosed .38." Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
    NV Tactical: Northern Virginia's #1 Source for Professional, Tactical Firearms Training

I'm glad that the SCOTUS has reaffirmed what we've already known. Now my sig line is even cooler. = ) <--still no smilies?
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

O.K.... Absolutley fantanstic! Now we got to rid outselves of the ridiculous gun registraion laws!
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

Great! once in a while they do something right.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Not only did the handgun ban get struck down, but so too did the requirement that shotguns and rifles kept in the home be either disassembled or fitted with a trigger lock. The court did, however, keep the licensing requirement intact, and that worries me. This means that if it wants, the city could make licensing and registration requirements so stringent that the effect is not much different than it was prior to the ban being struck down.

Quote Originally Posted by hwhite1725 View Post
    I think the biggest victory is the ruling that it is the individual right and not just a militias right. I may be a little too optimistic, but I believe this is great news.
    I could not agree more.
    Great News
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

9. Like the great Barrack Obama has called for...CHANGE!!! Wait, he hasn't been elected yet!?
    Romans 3:22-24

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 .45
    Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

Quote Originally Posted by hwhite1725 View Post
    It's a start, but when Stephens commented in his whiney dissent about "casting into doubt the constitutionality of existing laws", it just shows how much of a fight there is left to fight.

WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by johioss View Post
    Like the great Barrack Obama has called for...CHANGE!!! Wait, he hasn't been elected yet!?
    Today's ruling IS some "change I can believe in"
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast