Your Imput!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Your Imput!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    68

    Your Imput!!!!!!

    Ok---This is a question that has really been bothering me, and I want your opinion.

    I have a Blog--a Blog devoted to the 2nd Amendment--a Blog that is ProGun. Here is my question---I receive several request's from Anti-gun Websites and Blogs to list them as a Link or in my Blogroll. I receive at least 11 or so of these requests per week.

    I have not answered any of these request's, however, I have sought the advice of another Pro-Gun Blog ( One With Much Higher Ranking Than Me )

    His advice to me "You do not advertise the enemy"

    My feelings are that if I give links to those that disagree with me, it will only add strength to my belief.

    Your Opinions???????????
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

    "We The People"

    "The Pro Gun Blog"

  2.   
  3. #2

    Question

    I have to ask why anti-gun websites would want to be linked to from a pro-gun site.

  4. #3

    Funding?

    If the Anti-rights radicals generate income from advertisements on their website then it would only help them.
    Posting a link to another point of view doesn't sound like a bad idea as long as they deal in facts. That's not the case here and it may not be that transparent to someone trying to form an opinion based on what they read.
    my two cents
    Cheers
    Joe

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I have to ask why anti-gun websites would want to be linked to from a pro-gun site.
    I don't have a clue--If one goes to my Site--It seems easy to understand my stand on the 2nd--there is no room for argument!!!!!!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

    "We The People"

    "The Pro Gun Blog"

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by joeren View Post
    If the Anti-rights radicals generate income from advertisements on their website then it would only help them.
    Posting a link to another point of view doesn't sound like a bad idea as long as they deal in facts. That's not the case here and it may not be that transparent to someone trying to form an opinion based on what they read.
    my two cents
    Cheers
    Joe
    Didn't think of that Joe--Not to mention--Linking to a Site with a higher Page Ranking increases your viewers--Thanks Joe
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't
    pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for,
    protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend
    our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it
    was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

    "We The People"

    "The Pro Gun Blog"

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    My opinion: There's a guy named Gary who Blogs as "Geek With a .45" (Musings of The GeekWithA.45).
    He's a great guy and I respect his head and I believe he'd give you good advice. Good Luck.

    (P.S.: I wouldn't do it.)
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Yeah, and while you're at it, go ahead and give the operators of the Brady Campaign and Code Pink a link to your site also. Honestly, I can't believe you would even consider doing this.

  9. #8
    In my opinion they are looking for more exposure and if they can get you to link to them you are, in a way, supporting them. So, I have to agree with your friend and say that you don't support the enemy.

  10. Thumbs down

    I agree I would not do it. It is only supporting their goal. Just my 2cents
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker View Post
    Ok---This is a question that has really been bothering me, and I want your opinion.

    I have a Blog--a Blog devoted to the 2nd Amendment--a Blog that is ProGun. Here is my question---I receive several request's from Anti-gun Websites and Blogs to list them as a Link or in my Blogroll. I receive at least 11 or so of these requests per week.

    I have not answered any of these request's, however, I have sought the advice of another Pro-Gun Blog ( One With Much Higher Ranking Than Me )

    His advice to me "You do not advertise the enemy"

    My feelings are that if I give links to those that disagree with me, it will only add strength to my belief.

    Your Opinions???????????
    That depends on your purpose to begin with.

    If your purpose is to have an open discussion about the intricacies of gun rights and control, that deals in honest facts, then go right ahead, so long as the sites that you are linking to are similarly oriented. However, be ready to discuss the issue with people coming in in an open and civil way. That might not be easy in some cases.

    If your only purpose is to forward a pro-gun agenda, then it's probably in your best interest to refuse them. Don't get yourself into something that you aren't prepared to deal with, or find that you have to back out of.
    Last edited by toreskha; 07-02-2008 at 09:12 AM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast