Man Accidentally Kills Pregnant Wife While Cleaning Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Accidentally Kills Pregnant Wife While Cleaning Gun

Not good. I think you are supposed to unload the gun before cleaning.

FOXNews.com - Man Accidentally Kills Pregnant Wife While Cleaning Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

ORLANDO, Fla. A pregnant woman and her unborn child have died in central Florida after being accidentally shot by the woman's husband, authorities said.

Yailen Abreu, 23, and the fetus died Tuesday at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Orange County sheriff's officials said Abreu was hit in the stomach while her husband was cleaning his gun late Monday at their Orlando-area home. She was six months pregnant.

The bullet struck 39-year-old Enio Abreu in the hand before hitting in his wife, authorities said.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

3. This is still being investigated by police, and they have not determined whether this was accidental
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    This is still being investigated by police, and they have not determined whether this was accidental
    Don't you mean negligent? Whether it was negligent or not, the fact remains that this woman and the unborn child are dead because of what this man did. Even if it was negligent, that should not make his punishment any less severe.

I remember back when I was a child the adults said that my relative "accidently" shot himself while "cleaning his gun". He happened to be a police officer. As I grew up I learned that this was a euphamism for "he shot himself in the head." I know another common phrase among LEO was "He ate his gun".

Funny how the bullet hit the lady in the stomach where the fetus was. I'm sure the investigation will determine that the guy MURDERED his wife and tried to make it look like an "accident" by shooting through his own hand.

Another fine job of the media to get the story into the headlines multiple times.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

6. Unhappy

Very unfortunate story. While the circumstances surrounding this incident are still being investigated, I can't help but mention that this is just the kind of story anti-gunners and the liberal media spotlight to show that ordinary people can't be trusted with guns.

This is very unfortunate. I can not understand why people can't remember to unload their gun before cleaning it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Don't you mean negligent? Whether it was negligent or not, the fact remains that this woman and the unborn child are dead because of what this man did. Even if it was negligent, that should not make his punishment any less severe.
    I used the term that the police and media are using. What I really meant is that I do not believe it was accidental or negligent.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

9. Quote Originally Posted by dancingwolf View Post
    Very unfortunate story. While the circumstances surrounding this incident are still being investigated, I can't help but mention that this is just the kind of story anti-gunners and the liberal media spotlight to show that ordinary people can't be trusted with guns.
    And that is exactly how they portrayed this on the evening news. Concerned neighbor states, "This is what happens when people are allowed to have guns in their homes."
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    And that is exactly how they portrayed this on the evening news. Concerned neighbor states, "This is what happens when people are allowed to have guns in their homes."
    This is just regurgitated from what this neighbor has been fed by the media to begin with. Ordinary people cannot be trusted with guns. They are SO dangerous, you just never know when one is going to "go off" by itself! On a side note, the crooks in the area now know whose house is safe to hit . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    This is just regurgitated from what this neighbor has been fed by the media to begin with. Ordinary people cannot be trusted with guns. They are SO dangerous, you just never know when one is going to "go off" by itself! On a side note, the crooks in the area now know whose house is safe to hit . . .
    +1 Mom! Nothing like telling everyone and their brother I have no way to defend myself. Come take all my stuff.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast