Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question Question

I'm new here on the site and in the USA and I've heard of non resident CCW first of all I'm not a Citizen yet so am I aloud to get a CCW permit. And If I am who would I contact to find out where I could do the CCW course

Thanks in advance
    A good friend will sit next to you in jail and say damn we had fun

Every state with a CCW requires you to pass ground check and be a U.S. Citizen. You will not have a background to check which is pretty good but, the right to carry a firearm is an American right. You're not American yet so I'm pretty sure that's going to be a "no".

Hope that helps. ;^)
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

You might want to inquire in the NM forum. New Mexico - USA Carry Forums They should be able to direct you to an instructor in your area.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

at least in michigan.. they allow resident aliens to get a permit. and from what I understand a resident alien is not quite yet a citizen.. so depends on what your status is. and what your state requires.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieRogue View Post
    I'm new here on the site and in the USA and I've heard of non resident CCW first of all I'm not a Citizen yet so am I aloud to get a CCW permit. And If I am who would I contact to find out where I could do the CCW course

Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forum.

A number of states allow permanent resident aliens to get a permit. As others have advised you should check the New Mexico forum for information. Lots of states also issue permits to people who are not residents of the state.

check out navada, there has been post about that state ccw laws and this mite help you

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Every state with a CCW requires you to pass ground check and be a U.S. Citizen. You will not have a background to check which is pretty good but, the right to carry a firearm is an American right. You're not American yet so I'm pretty sure that's going to be a "no".

Hope that helps. ;^)
    Not all states require U.S. citizenship. Even the ones that don't do require legal residency, however.

Thanks For all your replies I'll have to do a lot more searching
    A good friend will sit next to you in jail and say damn we had fun

10. Welcome aboard Aussie!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Arizona will issue a non-resident CCW which is recognized in New Mexico, to otherwise qualifing citizens and resident (permanent) aliens. You might try there if New Mexico won't do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast