AK-47 or Nail Gun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK-47 or Nail Gun?

1. AK-47 or Nail Gun?

This is an interesting article I read the other day:

'Man With AK-47' Turns Out To Be Customer With Nail Gun

"DENVER - Authorities surrounded a Home Depot store in the Denver area on Tuesday after witnesses claimed to have seen a "man with an AK-47" assault rifle there.

Witnesses told police that a man carrying the weapon and a "banana clip" full of ammunition was seen inside the store -- located in the suburb of Aurora -- just before 9:00 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities surrounded the store and searched for the reported gunman.

After several minutes, a store employee told police that the "gunman" was probably a customer he had seen in the store a short time earlier. However, he said the customer carried a nail gun -- not an assault rifle -- and was simply looking for parts.

The employee also said the man had left the store before police arrived.

No arrests were made. "

I don't know about you but mistaking a nail gun for an AK-47 seems a bit difficult. The interesting thing is that the witness describes an AK-47 with a banana clip. This person must know at least something about guns to describe that...probably an anti-gun person trying to create some gun drama.

3. Anti-gun person at home depot

Quote Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    This is an interesting article I read the other day:

'Man With AK-47' Turns Out To Be Customer With Nail Gun

"DENVER - Authorities surrounded a Home Depot store in the Denver area on Tuesday after witnesses claimed to have seen a "man with an AK-47" assault rifle there.

Witnesses told police that a man carrying the weapon and a "banana clip" full of ammunition was seen inside the store -- located in the suburb of Aurora -- just before 9:00 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities surrounded the store and searched for the reported gunman.

After several minutes, a store employee told police that the "gunman" was probably a customer he had seen in the store a short time earlier. However, he said the customer carried a nail gun -- not an assault rifle -- and was simply looking for parts.

The employee also said the man had left the store before police arrived.

No arrests were made. "

I don't know about you but mistaking a nail gun for an AK-47 seems a bit difficult. The interesting thing is that the witness describes an AK-47 with a banana clip. This person must know at least something about guns to describe that...probably an anti-gun person trying to create some gun drama.
    Don't know if I would call them anti-gun.. I would get a little upset if I saw someone with an AK-47 in Home Depot and I love guns.. just don't like to think someone would take an AK-47 to home depot with a banana clip... I think they were just trying to get attention -- maybe -- who knows... sounds like they were just nuts...

They just haven't been made aware of the new "nail carbines" that are out now.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    They just haven't been made aware of the new "nail carbines" that are out now.

Good one, Toreshka! Where can I get one of those? This is kinda like the cigarette lighters that look like handguns.

I don't know of any AK-47 rifles that use a "banana clip".

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 07-20-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: clarify post
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I don't know of any AK-47 rifles that use a "clip".

gf
    Yes, Glock Fan, they've got the terminology wrong, but instead of pretending you don't know what they're talking about (because you and I both know that it's the magazine they're referring to), just smile and refer to it by its correct name. Who knows, if you do it enough, maybe they'll eventually get it right.

not that I would be carrying it around a store or anything.. but sounds like a pretty sweet nail gun.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I don't know of any AK-47 rifles that use a "clip".

gf
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Yes, Glock Fan, they've got the terminology wrong, but instead of pretending you don't know what they're talking about (because you and I both know that it's the magazine they're referring to), just smile and refer to it by its correct name. Who knows, if you do it enough, maybe they'll eventually get it right.
    They all do:

mags, pouch, stripper clips, guide, cleaning kit--cool stuff to go wiith your AK
    Yes, I'm being a bit of a [email protected]$$, but it gets tiresome when people constantly discuss clip:magazine point out finger on trigger in pictures, etc.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Good one, Toreshka! Where can I get one of those? This is kinda like the cigarette lighters that look like handguns.
    I guess you have to call DeWalt and ask if they sell AR-15 lowers. lol

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I guess you have to call DeWalt and ask if they sell AR-15 lowers. lol
    Cool avatar Toreshka! Give me a couple of days and I bet I can find a cooler one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast