How Many have taken additional training?

View Poll Results: How many do additional training?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a personal trainer almost daily

1 4.55%
  • Every chance I get

9 40.91%
  • Once or Twice a year

5 22.73%
  • I've taken one

3 13.64%
  • Just at the range

2 9.09%
  • I will someday

0 0%
  • Who needs it I'm BATMAN

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many have taken additional training?

Question How Many have taken additional training?

I just finished up with weekend training session on how to neutralize disarm, and not get shot or stabbed by an BG, I have managed to take at least on additional hands on course each year now for as long as I have been carrying.

Yes I know it is an added expense in todays world of over priced stuff but how much is your loved ones and your life worth to you? SHTF can happen any time you walk out the door, N I was curious as to how many of us make the effort to get an edge?

Depends on what kind of training you're talking about, I suppose. Additional firearms tactical training, or general weapons, martial arts...??

I have had some martial arts and several shooting classes. Still would like much more as time allows.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am a retired Marine Scout Sniper. I didn't answer the poll because my training goes well beyond what was given for answers. I have taken too many to count pistol classes, professional self-defense classes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    I am a retired Marine Scout Sniper. I didn't answer the poll because my training goes well beyond what was given for answers. I have taken too many to count pistol classes, professional self-defense classes.
    That puts you in a class with BATMAN so there is a category for you...
    Last edited by Sheldon; 07-27-2008 at 06:47 PM.

7. I have experience that also goes above that of the questions, but still believe in continued training to stay fresh and prepared.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

8. Anyone who thinks they are Batman needs more training! (and a shrink too!)

I've had a lot and no where near enough. If I could afford it, I'd be in some kind of class several times a year but this year I'm only heading to one at Front Sight in October.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Because of my work schedule (seven days a week, haven't had a day off since 10/22/2006), the only kind of training I'm able to do is at the range every once in a while. Being a security guard makes it all the more important for me to get a lot of practice, and I really should get more, but I think I'm going to need to get another job (one with some days off) before I can get the amount of practice I should be getting. Nevertheless, with the amount I have had, I consider myself a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    Anyone who thinks they are Batman needs more training! (and a shrink too!)

I've had a lot and no where near enough. If I could afford it, I'd be in some kind of class several times a year but this year I'm only heading to one at Front Sight in October.
    I took a course at Front Sight. I loved it, and I know you will, too.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'd take more, but I just can't afford it.

Think I've answered on another site but:

Practical concealed carry

Air Force rifle (M-16)
    Air Force Pistol
    Air Force Shotgun

Personal training from instructors at the range

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast