One Dies After Tenn. Church Shooting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Dies After Tenn. Church Shooting

Unhappy One Dies After Tenn. Church Shooting

I guess nobody was packing heat. When will people learn there is no such place as a "safe place".

One Dies After Tenn. Church Shooting - News Story - KXAS | Dallas

One Dies After Tenn. Church Shooting
    Congregation Holds Suspect Until Police Arrive

UPDATED: 1:02 pm CDT July 27, 2008

Up to seven people were shot Sunday at a Unitarian church in Knoxville, Tenn, and one person died.

Knoxville television station WBIR reported that church members tackled the suspect and held him until police arrived.

WBIR also quoted Knoxville City Councilman Joe Hultquist as saying one person died and five others were in critical condition, though reports varied on how many people were in critical condition. CNN.com reported that 12 people with minor injuries were treated at the church.

A church member told the media that the suspect was not connected to the church. He also said that the shooting happened as children were performing parts of the musical "Annie" during a regular service.

None of the children were believed to have been injured.

The incident took place at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church.
    Last edited by HK4U; 07-27-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

3. So tragic. So useless. Is TN a state where you are forbidden to carry in church? Offends God, I guess. Who, if I remember correctly, enjoined us all to value his gift of life by defending it.

What kind of low-life shoots up a kids' play?

5. Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    What kind of low-life shoots up a kids' play?
    Someone who needs to be sent to his maker for re-education and attitude adjustment.

Here in Texas is on the list of places you are not supposed to carry. However for it to be binding a church has to have the proper sign as designated by the state posted at all entries. I doubt if many do. I carry every time I am in church. There were a number of people killed at Wedgwood baptist church here in the late 1990's.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

In Virginia, you cannot carry in a church unless there is good cause. Hey "Self Defense" is good cause for me, so I carry there without asking.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    Someone who needs to be sent to his maker for re-education and attitude adjustment.
    That's exactly what I was thinking too!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I looked on the TN state page and discovered that churches are not off limits to lawful concealed carry. It's funny, but church carry is something that my brother and I disagree on, but maybe if I show him this article, he'll change his mind. Every time we go to church he leaves his gun in the car and I take mine with me, and he criticizes me for doing so, saying things such as, "Guns have no place in the house of the Lord." I always respond that the gun is merely an object, and if someone walks in trying to harm me, the fact that it's the Lord's house, by itself, is not going to protect me.

10. We had implemented a security plan this past year at our congregation. There are two of us that are always armed, and one of us is always near the entrance to the sanctuary. Both of us are trained.

Florida is not an issue, but I am on staff so therefore even if it were a problem, it is considered my place of business and legal.

I am in the process of developing security protocols that can be put in place in order to identify possible threats like this, and avoiding loss of life.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

The death count from this incident is now two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast