Enthusiastic Wives - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enthusiastic Wives

Unfortunately, my wife has her own aversions to guns. It took 11 years, but she finally decided to turn a blind eye to my desire to arm myself. While she doesn't like it, she accepts it. She has talked about going to the range with me, but I know that will never happen. I wish that she was on the same page as me, but I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    I am curious how that works for you in the State that you carry, as I know in Florida if you lived together it could present a problem with the individual having access to the firearm and ammunition.
    I never said that she and I lived together. However, I did ask her probation officer about this on the nights she spends at my apartment and on the nights I spend at hers. The PO told me that as long as she is not alone with my firearms, then I'm okay. She also told me that just because her rights have been forfeited does not mean I forfeit mine. Nice to know her PO is pro gun rights!

I expound on my "I Wish" statement...

My wife doesn't really like guns, but she is OK with me having the ones I have. She doesn't see the point of acquiring new ones, or going to the range on a regular basis, much less buying ammo!

I have finally got her to agree to get a handgun of her own, because she understands the importance of protecting herself and our kids if I'm not around... but on that same note, she doesn't want to get her CWP?!?!?

I swear, I don't get women....
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

[QUOTE=Palmach;31871]

On our wedding night, before we did anything else, I had her sit on the floor and laid out the guns and gave her a quick lesson on proper handling.
    Today she is a different woman.

Wtf????

On your wedding night of all times.......

lol... you got to be kidding me

6. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I never said that she and I lived together. However, I did ask her probation officer about this on the nights she spends at my apartment and on the nights I spend at hers. The PO told me that as long as she is not alone with my firearms, then I'm okay. She also told me that just because her rights have been forfeited does not mean I forfeit mine. Nice to know her PO is pro gun rights!
    I wasn't suggesting that you do live together. It was just a scenario that popped into my head, and I wondered how you either deal with it, or would in the future.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

7. This is my weapon and this is my gun. One is for shooting and one is for fun. Wedding night bliss.

8. [QUOTE=IheartTedNugent;32021]
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post

On our wedding night, before we did anything else, I had her sit on the floor and laid out the guns and gave her a quick lesson on proper handling.
    Today she is a different woman.

Wtf????

On your wedding night of all times.......

lol... you got to be kidding me
    I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice and comment.

Yes, on our wedding night. I don't think the BG's take off just because I got married, so I wanted her to see them, know about them, and feel comfortable with them in the house.

There was plenty of time after the lesson for firing my favorite weapon.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

I guess in my household we follow two rules: Concealed is concealed, and don't ask, don't tell.

My wife knows I carry, does not want to know how, what, where, or when... why is the one she knows and if it came to it, I know she would be glad.

I keep trying because it make me nervous that when alone she is unarmed but forcing the issue will never make it happen and as she views the world more suspiciously we may get closer to her arming.

The good news is she is not Anti-gun, she does support 2A and believes we live in a dangerous world.

For years, my wife wanted nothing to do with firearms. Then I was behind her going to work one morning (she in her car, me in mine) and an armed thug walked up to her window to carjack her. Well, it didn't work out so well for him with me behind her.... but let's leave that alone.

On this day, she learned what handguns are really for! For personal protection. Now she has her own CHP, and her own concealed weapon. I'm very proud of her. She went from left wing liberal to conservative republican! LOL....

For those of you that would like to see your wives a little more pro active when it come to their own defence may I suggest the following sites?

Cornered Cat

The Paxton Quigley Web Page

lubys

We here in Texas can thank Susan Gratia Hupp perhaps more than any one other person for the fact that we can carry today.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast