Enthusiastic Wives
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enthusiastic Wives

1. Enthusiastic Wives

I thought it would be interesting to find out how many others have enthusiastic wives as it relates to Concealed Carry and firearms in general.

I am amazed at the change in my wife over the last 11yrs of marriage. On our wedding night, before we did anything else, I had her sit on the floor and laid out the guns and gave her a quick lesson on proper handling. She had never been around them and was rather uncomfortable. She knew what she was getting into, as she knew that I had been a security professional.

Today she is a different woman.

Today, she checks the schedule of every gun show in town to make sure we don't miss one. She likes to go to the range at least once every 2 weeks if not every week. She has her own firearms now, and has finally decided to get her CWL.

When I buy ammo and tell her I just purchased 1000rds of 7.62 x 39, she says, "That's all?

How many others have this or other experiences?
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Your'e a LUCKY man!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

My wife has her CHL and carries her firearm everywhere. I have little trouble getting here to go to the range and she does not complain when I find a need to add to our collection.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Mine also has her own guns and ccw.We don't compete anymore because her eyes are better than mine. My story and I'm stickin to it.

two words... I wish...
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

You are a lucky man. my wife doesn't have a problem with what I do, so thats cool. she has her GSD's and I have well you know my things.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

palmack, hk4u and the others that have enthusiastic wifes to gun ownership and ccw( you have a blessed marriage)

Do girlfriends count? I informed my current girlfriend on our very first date that I carry regularly, and after hearing this, she asked to see what I was carrying, which, at the time, was a Ruger P94 with a Crimson Trace laser grip. Although she does not own any firearms (she can't; she is a felon, but I still love her anyway) she likes the fact that I carry, and anytime we go anywhere together, she always makes sure that I'm carrying before we leave out the door.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Do girlfriends count? I informed my current girlfriend on our very first date that I carry regularly, and after hearing this, she asked to see what I was carrying, which, at the time, was a Ruger P94 with a Crimson Trace laser grip. Although she does not own any firearms (she can't; she is a felon, but I still love her anyway) she likes the fact that I carry, and anytime we go anywhere together, she always makes sure that I'm carrying before we leave out the door.
    I am curious how that works for you in the State that you carry, as I know in Florida if you lived together it could present a problem with the individual having access to the firearm and ammunition.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

My wife and I got into guns together. Both of us were raised in very gun-neutral families. I bought her a Kel-Tec P3AT when neither of us knew a lot about guns. 22 hours of CCW training later, we are both card carrying members.

We each got year memberships to the local gun range, but then two months into the membership, she became impregnated. Now our memberships have expired and I can't afford a new one because there will be a new entry into the family next month. So, in my case...

Gun Loving Wife + Expensive (Future Gun Lover) = No Shooting for Me

Oh well, I guess one day I'll need to get three memberships.
    Last edited by Commander_Cob; 07-28-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast