What do you do with your gun while in a public restroom? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your gun while in a public restroom?

There was an incidence at a local Wal-Mart when a loaded revolver was found in the men's restroom.
    It was found on top of the toilet paper dispenser by a customer, and was called to the attention of the store manager.
    After 30 minutes or so, the armored car employee who picked up and delivered $$ came back to the store and inquired about his missing revolver. Needless to say, he was terminated by the armored car company when they were informed.

I'd hate to think of what could have happened if a kid had gone to that stall and found the loaded revolver.

Carrying is a big responsibility......THINK every second!!!

3. Public Restrooms

Reference the photo of the guys with their pants down, they are probably European, as European-style underwear does not have a fly. When I was a deputy and just absolutely had to use a public facility, I would unsnap my keepers and hang my duty belt on the coat hook on the door, this put my weapon in arm's reach. After I left and had a CCWP, I would hang my compact .45 on the coat hook by the trigger guard. Not as handy, but doable. My holster is a bandaid slide holster that is just about two inches top to bottm, and if the tension of being against my body is not there, it could possibly fall out, so I make sure it is not put in that position.
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 09-02-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typos
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

One of the benefits of the SmartCarry holster is that there are two really great solutions to dealing with your carry weapon without having to remove it. Some just pull it up to their chest. I prefer the method of moving it down to my knees and cover it with my pants. I don't like my pants on the floor anyway. Also, drawing is easy with it hanging between my knees while I feel quite vulnerable sitting on the toilet.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Me, I just hand my pistol to the bathroom attendant for safekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    One of the benefits of the SmartCarry holster is that there are two really great solutions to dealing with your carry weapon without having to remove it. Some just pull it up to their chest. I prefer the method of moving it down to my knees and cover it with my pants. I don't like my pants on the floor anyway. Also, drawing is easy with it hanging between my knees while I feel quite vulnerable sitting on the toilet.
    was also going to give the smart carry praise for this situation.. seeing as how it is not attached to your pants in any way when your pants go down your gun doesn't have to. also trying to avoid public bathrooms as much as I can.. if it has to be done then my gun is still in it's holster at lower chest level. never have to worry about it coming out that way and it's right there if you need it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I would never hang my gun up or lay it anywhere in a stall. I just saw where PM Blair's BG got fired for leaving her's in a restroom. Pants to the knees does it for me.
    .40S&W Lover

8. Stick it in your pant leg when your sitting.

For me to go it has to been a real emergency and in that case I use the handicap stall and place the gun either on top of the toilet tank or the skin in it's holster.
    Raul In Sunny Tavernier, The Florida Keys.
    Glock: Feed it dirt, it'll still work.
    CWFL. Speak softly and carry concealed!

The ladies don't always wear pants; what if we are wearing a dress or a skirt, or gentlemen can wear a kilt? I guess it can stay strapped on the thigh. Ladies, if you carry a purse, just don't hang the strap on the top hook. It's too easily lifted over the door from the outside! What ever y'all decide to do behind the door, don't drop your pistol and make noise and call attention to yourselves. Concealed means REALLY CONCEALED, even to your friends!

Thanks for my chuckle for today!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast