What do you do with your gun while in a public restroom?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your gun while in a public restroom?

What do you do with your gun while in a public restroom?

Before anyone flags this post as inappropriate, it is a legitimate thread. Normally I try to avoid doing my business in public restrooms, but after having just done it there a few minutes ago and previously having never giving any thought to what I'd do with my firearm if I ever had to, I just figured this out on the fly. It also got me to wondering what everyone else does with their guns while handling their business.

In keeping with my number one priority of handling a loaded gun as little as possible, I took my gun while it was still in its IWB holster and put it (holster and all; the gun never came out of the holster), along with my cell phone, in the seat of my pants while they were on the floor.

Does anyone else encounter this problem? What do you do with your gun while using a publlic restroom?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Before anyone flags this post as inappropriate, it is a legitimate thread. Normally I try to avoid doing my business in public restrooms, but after having just done it there a few minutes ago and previously having never giving any thought to what I'd do with my firearm if I ever had to, I just figured this out on the fly. It also got me to wondering what everyone else does with their guns while handling their business.

In keeping with my number one priority of handling a loaded gun as little as possible, I took my gun while it was still in its IWB holster and put it (holster and all; the gun never came out of the holster), along with my cell phone, in the seat of my pants while they were on the floor.

Does anyone else encounter this problem? What do you do with your gun while using a publlic restroom?
    After I make sure the door to the stall is securely locked I unload my pistol and get in some dry firing practice.

Okay, not really. You're thread is not a joke and if you check other forums you'll see this has been covered in some detail because it can be a real problem. I leave my holster on my pants and try to make sure nobody can see it casually from outside the stall. Other people have posted some pretty wild stuff they do.

I guess it all really depends on how you carry. My main concern is keeping the fact that I carry private.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

4. my main concern is that I could get to it easily.

Oh yes the old hang it on the door stop trick.Guy in next stall sees it in your pants. It really depends on how I'm carring. Most of the time I put it in the top of my boot while I'm setting .This is not a bad question.

It actually is a good question. And of course it does depend on how one is carrying. And it does assume the seated position.

Most of the time I am wearing shorts and carrying in my front pocket. I guess I usually try to suspend my shorts with my legs and not let them lay on the floor anyway which generally keeps my pocket accessable, but if some time is going to be involved, I often find myself rolling the pocket back to expose the butt so it would not be necessary to reach INTO the pocket since there is no resistance.

Seems really strange to try to write it because it is sort of automatic and also because it seems like a really strange subject to discuss, though it truly is important and interesting.

Oh and yes, I did go through the whole range of smart ass answers before I decide to write a serious one

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I took my gun while it was still in its IWB holster and put it (holster and all; the gun never came out of the holster), along with my cell phone, in the seat of my pants while they were on the floor.
    Works for me!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Who in their right mind would allow their pants to rest on the floor in the first place (well, that's just My opinion)?! IWB over here and the holster You have must hold that weapon in place. My pants are collapsed just at the knee's NOT my ankles. Try it at home a couple of times and I'm sure You will have no problem next time You're out doing business. Of course this depends how YOU carry the weapon. This was taught in the NRA "Out Of The Home Protection" course I took earlier in the year. IF it did happen that someone saw a weapon/s, I wouldn't worry about it because I have a license for it and they should'nt be looking at your business under the stall from their side in the first place.
    Cop to Me: (guessing how this would go).....Sir, step away from the stall, etc...
    Me to Cop: Yes officer, here is my identification, and also I have a LTC.
    Cop to Me: Thank you Sir and have a nice day, etc.............
    Stranger to Cop: I was looking under the stall next to me and saw the guy had a gun on his belt loop!
    Cop to Stranger: What were You doing looking under the stall next to you?
    I'm just saying, if I have a LTC I'm sure as hell not going to worry about it if someone saw my weapon just because of a wardrobe malfunction...as Janet would say :-)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Who in their right mind would allow their pants to rest on the floor in the first place (well, that's just My opinion)?! IWB over here and the holster You have must hold that weapon in place. My pants are collapsed just at the knee's NOT my ankles. Try it at home a couple of times and I'm sure You will have no problem next time You're out doing business. Of course this depends how YOU carry the weapon. This was taught in the NRA "Out Of The Home Protection" course I took earlier in the year. IF it did happen that someone saw a weapon/s, I wouldn't worry about it because I have a license for it and they should'nt be looking at your business under the stall from their side in the first place.
    Cop to Me: (guessing how this would go).....Sir, step away from the stall, etc...
    Me to Cop: Yes officer, here is my identification, and also I have a LTC.
    Cop to Me: Thank you Sir and have a nice day, etc.............
    Stranger to Cop: I was looking under the stall next to me and saw the guy had a gun on his belt loop!
    Cop to Stranger: What were You doing looking under the stall next to you?
    I'm just saying, if I have a LTC I'm sure as hell not going to worry about it if someone saw my weapon just because of a wardrobe malfunction...as Janet would say :-)
    Well, the way I was doing it, there was no way anyone except myself could see my gun.

Just lower your pants to knee level and have a seat. Then buckle your belt at the 1st notch to keep tension on the holster and your pants in place. Works great for me.

I always pick the stall farthest to the end, so there is no one to the right of me (usually the wall is ultimately to the right). Pull the gun out of the holster and put it in my right pocket.

I really try to avoid public restrooms though.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast