Why do some states deny reciprocity? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do some states deny reciprocity?

We need to continue to contact our legislators and demand national reciprocity... Keep writing letters / Emails, don't let up, we need to make this an election issue... Let your voice be heard over and over again. My father always said, the squeeky wheel gets the grease..Start squeeking..
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

I agree, contact your reps. That's what they are for. It needs to be national. My driver's licence is good in ALL 50 of the United States!!
    JEFF
    Some spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.
    This finger was not made to push 1 for english!

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    SC will not honor GA permits because they are not picture ID's.
    That doesn't sound like a consistent policy. SC honors the NC permit and the NC permit is just a cheap piece of paper - no picture.

Here is Florida's :
    Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Division of Licensing, FDACS
    It explains alot in the Q&A
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

SC does not honor GA permits because GA does not require any training, only a background check. NC requires a a class to obtain a CWP. The picture has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    SC does not honor GA permits because GA does not require any training, only a background check. NC requires a a class to obtain a CWP. The picture has nothing to do with it.
    I stand corrected then.

I know of only two cased where Florida will not reciprocate. First: the other State must honor Florida's weapon permit. Second: The other State must issue a permit to carry. There are States were it is legal to carry, but they do not issue permits.

I think it's a matter of control, most politicians and government bureaucrats feel the need to control others. They've passed their laws and darn it, it must comply 100% with their passed laws or they won't allow it.

Fortunately my state accepts all CCWs nationwide, no exceptions, so travelers here needn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Correct!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    You may need to raise that number, I think he is including most of western Europe now.
    Nope! Western Europe isn't part of the US. The US is a state in, and answerable to, the UN! At least thats what Obama wants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast