What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

Thread: What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts?

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    hey capo2186,

    check out taunton, ma police dept's website for a good explanation... Taunton Police Firearms Licensing

    "...A holder of a Class B License To Carry is not entitled to carry or possess a loaded firearm in a concealed manner in any public way or place. Additionally, the holder of a Class B License To Carry is not entitled to possess a large capacity firearm, except under a Class A club license or under the direct supervision of a holder of a valid Class A license at an incorporated shooting club..."

    You can buy that revolver, but you can't carry it...you can bring it to the range in your trunk though ...class B sux
    Yes, I am aware of the fact that Class B LTCs do suck. However, it could have been worse. If the LEO did let me apply for the Class A LTC, which would have gotten me an immediate DENIAL (according to the chief there), then I would be facing legal matters as well as high legal fees. Although I am not as happy as I would have been with a Class A, I am still happy. I just purchased a Sig P220 which I am allowed (wow I canít believe I have to say ALLOWED for something that is my right) to own. I also spoke with the store owner as well as other people whom have informed me that the large capacity rule does not apply to rifles, only handguns. Next year I will be buying a bushmaster, I love those. All hope is not lost with a Class B; most is, but not all. I will be perusing my Class A LTC ALP within a few years. Hopefully by then I will be living in a free state and will not need a Mass resident permit.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    ... I have a Class B LTC with NO restrictions. Not to sure what that means since its not a Class A, but im happy it says none in the restriction box.
    I just wanted to make sure you understood that you can not "carry" (as in concealed carry of a loaded firearm) with that license, just transport your unloaded, non-high cap firearm...Ironic that they call the license a "Class B LTC", as in "license to carry", when you can't actually carry the firearm loaded and concealed...I guess if you ever encounter a BG, you can just pistol whip his a$$, or throw the Sig at 'em and run....

    I guss it's better than nothing, but I personally would have contacted an attorney that deals specifically with these issues and gone for the "A LTC"...

    The Sig P220 is a great weapon...Good choice given your situation...

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I just wanted to make sure you understood that you can not "carry" (as in concealed carry of a loaded firearm) with that license, just transport your unloaded, non-high cap firearm...Ironic that they call the license a "Class B LTC", as in "license to carry", when you can't actually carry the firearm loaded and concealed...I guess if you ever encounter a BG, you can just pistol whip his a$$, or throw the Sig at 'em and run....

    I guss it's better than nothing, but I personally would have contacted an attorney that deals specifically with these issues and gone for the "A LTC"...

    The Sig P220 is a great weapon...Good choice given your situation...
    Thank you for the explanation. I love this Sig it was definatly the best choice I have made so far. I plan on purchasing something in April, I can't wait
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    I understand that "assault weapons" are banned in the PRTA. The Bushmaster doesn't fall into that category? Or do you plan to be out of that godforsaken place by then?

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I understand that "assault weapons" are banned in the PRTA. The Bushmaster doesn't fall into that category? Or do you plan to be out of that godforsaken place by then?
    They don't fall into that category I'm assuming because they are in just about every local firearm store around here. I was talking to the owner of the store about one when I bought my Sig. I think because they come with a 10rd mag that they are legal? I am not sure on that however I do know that we can buy them here.

    I hope that I would be out of here by then, however I just don't think I will be that fortunate at that time. I can't wait for the day I am free and can actually exercise my rights.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    They don't fall into that category I'm assuming because they are in just about every local firearm store around here. I was talking to the owner of the store about one when I bought my Sig. I think because they come with a 10rd mag that they are legal? I am not sure on that however I do know that we can buy them here.

    I hope that I would be out of here by then, however I just don't think I will be that fortunate at that time. I can't wait for the day I am free and can actually exercise my rights.
    Ok, here's another question. Since the hi cap restrictions apply only to handguns, what are the largest capacity magazines available for the Bushmaster in PRTA?

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Ok, here's another question. Since the hi cap restrictions apply only to handguns, what are the largest capacity magazines available for the Bushmaster in PRTA?
    I have no clue on that one haha. I think you can buy a 30rd if itís a pre-ban mag? Don't quote me on that for I am not sure, I am only assuming here. I would most likely just stick with the 10rd just to be safe till I make the move to NH. Is there even a limit to the amount a mag can hold in NH and other "FREE" states?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  9. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I have no clue on that one haha. I think you can buy a 30rd if itís a pre-ban mag? Don't quote me on that for I am not sure, I am only assuming here. I would most likely just stick with the 10rd just to be safe till I make the move to NH. Is there even a limit to the amount a mag can hold in NH and other "FREE" states?
    In NH, there are no special licenses required to possess or purchase firearms of any kind, including Class III and NFA weapons. For Class III and NFA, as long as you meet the federal requirements, you're good to go. Open carry is allowed outside of vehicles without a permit, and a permit to conceal costs only $10 for residents and $20 for nonresidents, and no training is required for it.

  10. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    In NH, there are no special licenses required to possess or purchase firearms of any kind, including Class III and NFA weapons. For Class III and NFA, as long as you meet the federal requirements, you're good to go. Open carry is allowed outside of vehicles without a permit, and a permit to conceal costs only $10 for residents and $20 for nonresidents, and no training is required for it.
    The land of the free....Im jealous

    I want to get my NH non-res permit, however because of my Class B LTC I don't think I can. NH law requires a concealed weapons permit from another state for the Non-Res.


    So here is the question... If I get my Florida CCW, can I then use that for the NH one?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  11. #100

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    The land of the free....Im jealous

    I want to get my NH non-res permit, however because of my Class B LTC I don't think I can. NH law requires a concealed weapons permit from another state for the Non-Res.


    So here is the question... If I get my Florida CCW, can I then use that for the NH one?
    1: New Hampshire doesn't care that your MA license is Restricted, NH has only 1 license, and they willissue as long as you're good in your homestate.

    2: Yes your Florida NR permit will also get you the NH license

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast