What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 102

Thread: What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    In a few years, hopefully it won't be necessary for you to try to get this government permission slip because hopefully you'll be out of that godforsaken place.
    with any luck, I'll be over the border and living free in NH. Im saving my money and looking into living up there (seriously).

    For now, I am just gonna get a semi-auto class b compliant firearm. I am looking into the Sig P239. So, I will see how that goes.

    I wonder if Danvers will ever issue a class a to me down the road if I was still here. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience in Danvers.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    with any luck, I'll be over the border and living free in NH. Im saving my money and looking into living up there (seriously).

    For now, I am just gonna get a semi-auto class b compliant firearm. I am looking into the Sig P239. So, I will see how that goes.

    I wonder if Danvers will ever issue a class a to me down the road if I was still here. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience in Danvers.
    Is magazine capacity the only criteria that separates class A compliant firearms from Class B ones?

  4. #33
    I am pretty sure, however I could be wrong. I can't own a Beretta 92FS because it was once manufactured with a 15 round mag, but now comes in a 10 round. I can own a Sig P239, which they have 10 round mags for. It is very confusing and I have to be careful because there are loop holes I may not be aware of. I have heard that Mass may get rid of the Class B all together. Lets see. I am glad there is at least some semi-auto handguns out there that I can own.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    I wonder if the .40 S&W Ruger P94 that I used to own, which only came with 10 round magazines, would be legal to own with a Class B license there. Also, I'm wondering if private transfers are legal in the PRMA without proof of a Class A or B license.

  6. #35

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    .... Also, I'm wondering if private transfers are legal in the PRMA without proof of a Class A or B license.
    Nope

    You must also fill out a FA10 form for the weapon sold, this form goes to the "gun registry" board

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    Wow! So what happens if my father dies? Could I take possession of his guns, or is there some crazy form I need to fill out for that? If I don't does Big Brother (oops, I meant, the PRMA) confiscate them?

  8. #37

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Wow! 1: So what happens if my father dies? Could I take possession of his guns, or is there some crazy form I need to fill out for that?

    2: If I don't does Big Brother (oops, I meant, the PRMA) confiscate them?
    If your father/relative/friend/neighbor dies, YES you have to fill out form to take possession, and you must do it within a short time too, I think 90 days or less

    1: "Big Brother" won't just come to your house to confiscate them, unless, the deceased person is well KNOWN to have guns by the chief, or his/her license is revoked ( don't laugh, idiots do sometime serve warrants and other orders to dead people ) , then, someone/chief may come to the resident to take possession and then someone with proper license may be given back the weapon after they file the proper paper works.
    Wills and Inheritance and other legal matters may or may-not delay or prevent getting the weapons back.

    2: Or if the chief doesn't take the weapon, and paper work isn't completed and you are caught with the weapons, you are SOL

    Every time weapons ownership changes hands in PRMA, "big-brother" must be informed, its for the children, ya know.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by hpj3 View Post
    How about Ted Kennedy & John Kerry... as good a reason as I can think of on short notice...
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    I had already known before this thread was posted that PRMA was gun owner unfriendly, but I had no idea it was this bad! How do you put up with it, LeavingMass and all you other PRMA subjects? Why in the world haven't you left yet (I already know your reason LeavingMass).

  11. #40
    Don't you worry. I will be leaving with-in a few years time. I am saving as much money as possible, and hope to buy a house in NH in a year or two. I have heard that Massachusetts will be getting rid of Class B's. Unfortunatly, this means that there will be more Class A denials (this came straight from the horses mouth). If Obama wins, I have the feeling things will get worse, very quickly here in good ole Mass. I hear every day from Antis where I live and work that "guns are the reason that crimes happen". I can't help but laugh, which they always ask "whats so funny". My answer is always, "its so funny that someone who claims to be so educated, can make a ridiculous statement like that with out any evidence to support your argument". I love when they say "I'll give you evidence", and then never do. There is a large anti population where I am from, and it is growing. Us gun owners around here are a dying breed, I'm hoping to keep it alive as long as I can. I will never give up on my 2A rights, like some people I know around here.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast