What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts?

What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts?

Hey Guys,

I am fairly new to this site, and I must say it is very informative and interesting. I am going to be applying for my LTC in Massachusetts and was just wondering what a good reason was to put on the application. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Thanks,
    Capo

Just put
    "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSE"

unless you live in a Town/City that ask specifically for a LETTER

How about "Lexington and Concord"

Lexington and Concord
    Concord is said to be a GREEN town
    meaning they issue LTC-ALP ( concealed carry license ) without complication
    Concord, MA - Firearm License Procedure

Don't have any info from Lexington gun owners, but
    Lexington had a 34% drop in licensed owners, so it might be a RED town ( difficult to get LTC-ALP )
    Lexington, MA. Police Dept.

Danvers, MA Police Department - Firearms Licensing Procedure , Danvers doesn't ask for any letters according to the Police site
    not sure if they issue LTC-ALP or not

How many license in your town ? see
    Gun licenses in Massachusetts - Boston.com

Thanks!

Thanks guys for your help. Those links were useful, thank you for posting them. I am not sure how Danvers is at issuing Class A LTCs. I have heard places that they will only issue a class B LTC to a first time applicant (which I am). We shall see what happens. Whats the worst they can tell me, No? Either way, a class b is better than nothing for now.

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Thanks guys for your help. Those links were useful, thank you for posting them. I am not sure how Danvers is at issuing Class A LTCs. I have heard places that they will only issue a class B LTC to a first time applicant (which I am). We shall see what happens. Whats the worst they can tell me, No? Either way, a class b is better than nothing for now.
    A Class-B is practically useless

At the interview, IF, the police Licensing Officer (LO) tells you all they issue is Class-B , try to convince him/her that a Class-B is not enough, You need a minimum of a Class-A
    Tell him/her that you want to do ISPA and other COMPETITION Matches and Hi-Cap is required

Only thing you can do with a Class-B is, purchase, borrow, possess handguns that holds 10 or less in the magazine
    You can NOT carry it concealed outside your home (or place of business)
    You can NOT carry LOADED OUTSIDE your home or place of business
    ( I heard ) The only time you should have a weapon with a Class-B outside your home is when transporting TO A FIREARM REPAIR shop or dealer

With a Class-A , even if restricted, at least you can buy, sell, possess Hi-Cap firearms, you can carry LOADED while Target&Hunting or Sporting

Try checking/visiting a Gun Club/Range in your area to find out the process and whats the typical issue of LTC is for resident of your city/town .

You can also contact Gun Owners' Action League to see if they have info on your town of residence

Thank you for the information. I just filled out the application and check CLASS A. You are right in saying that even if it is restricted its better than a class b. Thank you very much for your help. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to tell them about the competition shooting and see what they say. I will give an update. Thanks

The "Class B" license sounds a lot like what we're allowed to do here in PRHI. IF we are issued a permit to acquire a handgun then we're allowed to have it in specific places and loaded only under certain conditions.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Here's my suggestion. Tear up that permission slip you're filling out and move north to either NH or VT, both of which are among America's most gun friendly states. Yes, even with an unrestricted Class A license from PRMA, you can only purchase weapons that are on the AG's list of weapons "approved" to be sold there. Furthermore, assault weapons are banned there. No such restrictions exist in NH and VT.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Here's my suggestion. Tear up that permission slip you're filling out and move north to either NH or VT, both of which are among America's most gun friendly states. Yes, even with an unrestricted Class A license from PRMA, you can only purchase weapons that are on the AG's list of weapons "approved" to be sold there. Furthermore, assault weapons are banned there. No such restrictions exist in NH and VT.
    Not sure where capo2186 travels/works daily, but

From the closest point in Vermont to Danvers, MA is 108 Miles, 2 Hrs 15 Minutes on a clear day in traffic, between 7 and 9 AM it probably takes ~3 hours to drive..

From Vermont to Quincy (close to my school) same distance, but maybe 3 and a ~half hour in the AM traffic. No student is gonna do that 5 days per week , feel me ?

From Salem, NH (closest NH point) to Quincy, MA is 43 miles, but AM traffic would make that trip last about ~90 Minutes.

Traffic is a BIG Factor to working/schooling in Mass while living in NH/VT

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast