WASP knife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WASP knife

WASP knife

Well, this is pretty crazy.

The only downside I can see to this is that you have to get close enough to the target to stab it, and then press the button to blow it up, which means exposing yourself a great deal to attack. You'll rarely get the chance to stab anyone or anything that deeply during a fight - and if you do, then it's probably dead already.

I'm not sure whether a shallower stab would just cause a less effective explosion, or just blow the knife out. This would be far more potent in the form of a spear or a dart that could be used from a distance.

3. Not for me!
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

First, I really don't want to get that close to someone I perceive as a threat.

Next, if we're told to cower in fear over using handloaded ammo in case of a civil suit--imagine how this might look to a jury!

Last, imagine the mess. And you'd have to be worried about blood pathogens...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    First, I really don't want to get that close to someone I perceive as a threat.

Next, if we're told to cower in fear over using handloaded ammo in case of a civil suit--imagine how this might look to a jury!

Last, imagine the mess. And you'd have to be worried about blood pathogens...
    Yeah, it's not practical for most purposes. Creative nonetheless.

I'd put this one in the same category as the "safety bullet". Only value I see in this product is entertainment when my friends see me bust open a watermelon like that.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

No thank you!

Interesting but the only practical application I can see is for SCUBA diving. Most states limit the length of a blade you can carry and CWP's don't cover knives. Military may like the idea but it's only a single shot. Once they make a semi-auto version who knows...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

In FL we could technically carry them, as FL is specifically a "concealed weapons license", and the Dept. of Agriculture states this. They also inform us to keep this in mind when travelling to other states that it is only a concealed handgun license otherwise.

Regardless, I think this is a useless tool except for as stated above, scuba diving.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Interesting but the only practical application I can see is for SCUBA diving. Most states limit the length of a blade you can carry and CWP's don't cover knives. Military may like the idea but it's only a single shot. Once they make a semi-auto version who knows...
    Actually, an Arizona CWP does cover knives.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Actually, an Arizona CWP does cover knives.
    My mistake! In my statement "Most states limit the length of a blade you can carry and CWP's don't cover knives. " I meant to say "Most states limit the length of a blade you can carry and most CWP's don't cover knives." I think more states don't allow concealed knife Carry than do.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast