Warning Shot - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Warning Shot

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Read and understand your states firearm statutes. Then decide how you should handle a warning with any firearm.
    You're treading on thin ice when using your weapon to 'warn' someone. As far as drawing it and not firing it to deter some sort of physical force...potentially lethal force, then a case can be made for it. In Maine, drawing and displaying my weapon has been proven as 'non-lethal' force and will and has been proven in court. But the situation would have to be just right...because typically as civilian carry goes, if the gun has to come out, things are getting bad. I know some States are more strict and have 'brandishing' statutes. Know them. As far as warning shots, hellllll no. Firing the weapon is using lethal force whether you fire it in the air or into the ground in association with an altercation.

  2.   
  3. #12
    It becomes a warning shot ONLY if you miss with the first round.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Well, the fact of the matter still remains that warning shots have been known to be effective if ever confronted by a wild animal in the wilderness.
    That's all I'm saying....
    I am sure you have made your point known outlaw.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    You're treading on thin ice when using your weapon to 'warn' someone. As far as drawing it and not firing it to deter some sort of physical force...potentially lethal force, then a case can be made for it. In Maine, drawing and displaying my weapon has been proven as 'non-lethal' force and will and has been proven in court. But the situation would have to be just right...because typically as civilian carry goes, if the gun has to come out, things are getting bad. I know some States are more strict and have 'brandishing' statutes. Know them. As far as warning shots, hellllll no. Firing the weapon is using lethal force whether you fire it in the air or into the ground in association with an altercation.
    I know a lot about how Oklahoma deals with someone who someone just says a firearm was pointed at them.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    I am sure you have made your point known outlaw.

    ..................
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Not if you are living or camping in the woods....
    Warning shots have been known to be a good way to frighten away wolves, bears, cougars, etc...
    thanks for pointing out this very common situation

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Not if you are living or camping in the woods....
    Warning shots have been known to be a good way to frighten away wolves, bears, cougars, etc...
    .
    To scare off a wild animal in the wild, yes. No problem with that. As a private citizen dealing with another human being, never.

  9. #18
    Lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

  10. #19
    Dont argue it is not worth the effort. But seriously sounds like some one has been taking Joe Bidens bad advice. Long and short of it firing a warning shot equates to playing games. The rationale behind legally carrying a firearm is to protect yourself and your family. The firearm is a tool to stop a threat that has drug you into combat with them ie and emminent threat, I would not ever advise a warning shot period.

  11. Any bullet that is fired from a gun is a DEADLY WEAPON. Firing a "Warning Shot" is an act of DEADLY FORCE. Firing a warning shot pretty much gives the other guy a legitimate reason to fear for his life and would allow him to JUSTIFIABLY SHOOT YOU. Remember, every bullet potentially has a lawyer attached to it. Let your warning me verbal if you think one is necessary and the situation calls for it, but NEVER fire without due regard or a designated justifiable target.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast