Warning Shot - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Warning Shot

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I agree; warning shots waste ammo. Verbal warnings are (or should be) understood immediately. If they aren't, well, things are going to get rather ugly for a perp.

Agreed......But what if the perp is a rebellious teenager??
    I think this parent showed a pretty effective way of utilizing 'warning shots'......

Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Warning Shot

Remember "what goes up.....must come down"

Blog Entries
    my revolver only carry's 5 im not gonna waste any.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

JSDinTexas Guest
    NO WARNING SHOTS. If one carries deadly force, one must commit to using that deadly force for its intended purpose.
    As to the woods and animals? I generally eat them.

6. Warning shots will get you arrested in most locals!

7. Racking a round into the chamber is the only warning shot I can come close to giving.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    I'm having a discussion about warning shots. There have been a few listed in news reports lately and I told the person I was talking with that warning shots are a bad idea... and so the argument started.
    I was told that I was stupid for thinking warning shots are a bad idea. Of course I disagree.
    1) Negligent discharge of a firearm if your not 100% where the bullet will stop
    2) Give the BG additional time in his advance
    3) Cause undo panic if it isn't a life threatening situation
    4) ...

What say you?
    Biden is screwed up. Warning shots, particularly those fired into the air, will land you in the pokey - and Biden will laugh all the way into retirement. Warning shots fired in a building carry with them the risk of hitting innocent bystanders.

If one feels they must issue a warning, then either get a pump action shotgun or verbally instruct bad guys to leave the premises while they still can in a very loud voice.

9. I will always fire a warning. It is called muzzle flash, about .002 seconds before the bullet hits the BGs forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    I'm having a discussion about warning shots. There have been a few listed in news reports lately and I told the person I was talking with that warning shots are a bad idea... and so the argument started.
    I was told that I was stupid for thinking warning shots are a bad idea. Of course I disagree.
    1) Negligent discharge of a firearm if your not 100% where the bullet will stop
    2) Give the BG additional time in his advance
    3) Cause undo panic if it isn't a life threatening situation
    4) ...

What say you?
    Let's assume that in whatever town, borough, city that you live in, that it is indeed lawful to fire a warning shot. Let's look at how this plays out.

How do you practice for a warning shot? You are at the range, performing drills for self-defense. You draw your weapon, now what? Where do you point it safely? Do you fire it in the air like all those cowboys did in the 1950's TV shows (and those bullets never seemed to fall back to the ground)?

Now since practicing a warning shot has its limitations, what will you do when confronted with a BG? BG is there, you draw, now what? Where do you point it safely? Are there others around? Are there buildings around where your bullet could go through them? Will the firing of your weapon cause panic and chaos? Do you say anything to the BG first?

It is my opinion that the only time to draw my self-defense weapon, is when my life or family members' life is in imminent danger. Other than that, my firearm stays holstered. If I or a family member are in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death than two things may happen: (1) I draw and shoot, or (2) I draw and yell at the person to stop and hold them there until the police arrive... that is if the perpetrator actually does stop his threat of serious bodily injury or death. If not, see option (1). Which happens depends on the situation.

The only time a shot is fired is to stop the threat of imminent serious bodily injury or death.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    If one draws their handgun or picks up their rifle and intends to shoot it as a warning, this could be a real problem for them in court. Better to shoot someone if it's really needed to defend ones life, then play games with any warning shots.
    My VP recommends them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDrWLYQdKvk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast