Warning Shot - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Warning Shot

1. A gunshot is deadly force.
    2. The ONLY reason to use deadly force is to defend against the unlawful, immediate and credible threat of deadly force.
    3. Shooting at the sky or ground, instead of ones supposed assailant is prima facia evidence that one did NOT reasonably perceive an immediate and credible threat of deadly force against oneself or a similarly situated third party.
    4. Bullets don't pass into an alternate dimension when fired. They go SOMEWHERE. Witness the cop, who trying to shoot a snake from a tree, killed a young boy blocks away. In Ohio, a violent assailant cannot collect damages from me if I shoot him in justified self-defense. If I fire a warning shot and hit somebody else, I'm wide open to civil liability.

Shoot to stop the threat until its neutralized, or don't shoot AT ALL.

My definition of a warning shot is, If I miss with the first shot, that was your warning.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    It becomes a warning shot ONLY if you miss with the first round.
    This. It wasn't a warning shot it was a miss. Tell me how many LEOs fire warning shots? Not many I'll wager.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by maestromsv View Post
    Racking a round into the chamber is the only warning shot I can come close to giving.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2
    No way am I ejecting a live round!
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Two shots center mass one to head if deadly threat is perceived, no warning shots will be fired.

7. Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    No way am I ejecting a live round!
    Re-read it...INTO the chamber! But yes, I agree with you also.

8. Means lock N' Load..... I can't cus there is always one in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Two shots center mass one to head if deadly threat is perceived, no warning shots will be fired.
    Yup ammo is to expensive to be wasted.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by maestromsv View Post
    Re-read it...INTO the chamber! But yes, I agree with you also.

Oh, I read it, all right. I carry with a round in the chamber, so the ONLY WAY I CAN CHAMBER A "WARNING" ROUND IS TO EJECT A LIVE ROUND.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

11. I can think of only 2 reasons why a round is ever fired in my gun. 1 is for practice (i.e. at the range) and 2 is to shoot another human being (assuming we're not putting ourselves in situations to have to defend against wild animals). If I do not feel that someone poses a big enough threat to me, my family or friends, or society at large, and I don't feel like I am justified in using deadly force, then I have no problem with swallowing my pride and letting them get away. Their time will come soon enough. I think Johnny Cash said it best when he said "You can run on for a long time...sooner or later gotta cut you down."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast