Buying from an individual in another state?

Thread: Buying from an individual in another state?

1. Buying from an individual in another state?

I'm looking at a gun on armslist and the guy is in NC and I'm in SC. I talked to a local pawn shop that I'm going to transfer through and he said the law require overnight shipping. Is this true?

Also, the guy is selling it with 100 rounds of ammo. Does he have to do anything special with that?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I'm looking at a gun on armslist and the guy is in NC and I'm in SC. I talked to a local pawn shop that I'm going to transfer through and he said the law require overnight shipping. Is this true?
    Nope, there is no such law.

Also, the guy is selling it with 100 rounds of ammo. Does he have to do anything special with that?
    Has to go via FEDEX or UPS ground, marked ORM-D Small Arms Cartridges in a square on the box. The ammo can go straight to your house.

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Nope, there is no such law.

Has to go via FEDEX or UPS ground, marked ORM-D Small Arms Cartridges in a square on the box. The ammo can go straight to your house.

Will the shipper make him pay any time of hazmat fee because of the ammo?

No. BTW...the seller is the shipper. FEDEX or UPS is the carrier. I needed 15 characters....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    No. BTW...the seller is the shipper. FEDEX or UPS is the carrier. I needed 15 characters....
    Gotcha. Thanks again.