ATF revokes license of gun dealer tied to Newtown school shootings.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF revokes license of gun dealer tied to Newtown school shootings.

1. ATF revokes license of gun dealer tied to Newtown school shootings.

ATF revokes license of gun dealer tied to Newtown

ATF revokes license of gun dealer tied to Newtown
    Lee Higgins, The (Westchester County, N.Y.) Journal News4:07p.m. EDT April 4, 2013
    Nancy Lanza may have legally bought a gun from Riverview Gun Sales in Connecticut.

(Photo: John Moore, Getty Images)
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Connecticut gun shop reportedly legally sold guns used in the Sandy Hook shooting
    License was first revoked Dec. 20 and the 60-day time frame to appeal has expired
    In December, gun shop owner was "absolutely appalled" to learn a gun he sold may have been used
    WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has permanently revoked the federal firearms license of East Windsor, Conn., gun store owner David LaGuercia, whose shop reportedly sold guns used in the Newtown, Conn., school massacre and a second Connecticut mass shooting.

ATF spokeswoman Deb Seifert told The (Westchester County, N.Y.) Journal News on Thursday that the agency permanently revoked LaGuercia's license to sell firearms, but said she could not be more specific on the reasons. It was revoked Dec. 20 and the 60-day time frame to appeal has expired.

"It's been revoked," Seifert said. "It's final at this point."

STORY: Conn. governor signs USA's toughest gun law

Seifert declined to comment on any criminal investigation into Riverview Gun Sales, which ATF agents raided in December, days after the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School left 26 dead. She referred questions on any criminal probe to U.S. Attorney's office spokesman Tom Carson, who could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Citing anonymous sources, The Hartford Courant has reported that the guns used in the Newtown massacre, including a Bushmaster rifle, and the mass shooting at Hartford Distributors Inc. in 2010 that left eight dead were both bought legally at LaGuercia's gun shop.

On Thursday, Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy signed the nation's most far-reaching gun control bill. The bill establishes the nation's first statewide registry for people convicted of crimes involving dangerous weapons.

Shawn Cavana looks into the closed Riverview Gun Sales shop on Dec. 21 in East Windsor, Conn. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms announce in April 2013 that is has permanently revoked the federal firearms license of owner David LaGuercia.(Photo: John Moore, Getty Images)
    LaGuercia could not be reached for comment Thursday at the store, which continues to sell ammunition, clothes and other accessories, according to a female employee, who declined to give her name.

In December, LaGuercia said in a statement that he was "absolutely appalled" to learn that a gun he sold to Nancy Lanza may have been used by her son, Adam, in the Newtown massacre.

"There is nothing more devastating than the loss of a child, and I am absolutely appalled that the product that was sold several years ago would be used in this type of crime," he said in the statement at the time. "Our hearts go out to the victims' families and, as a father of three, I know firsthand of a parent's loss and it's the worst nightmare.

"We are cooperating with law enforcement in their efforts to get to the bottom of this senseless tragedy," he said.

Contributing: John Bacon and Doug Stanglin, USA TODAY

So, why weren't the licenses of the ammunition manufacturers revoked as well...? Their bullets ripped through the bodies of 26 people that day, right?

AmeriKa, I see dumb people... and yes, I mean you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

This is ******** - time to close car dealerships and pharmacies. In fact, many thousands to millions die each year from medical procedures - both properly and improperly done - time to shut down hospitals, which are deadly in many cases. Legal business, legal behavior...BS.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

5. As the ATF is not saying why, it may be for violations unrelated to that shooting. As this info is not currently public, speculation is all we have to go on.

6. Does anyone know if this dealer did anything illegal?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    Does anyone know if this dealer did anything illegal?
    What I read is he was given no reason. I am sure they will find some small paper work item to use.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmitty View Post
    As the ATF is not saying why, it may be for violations unrelated to that shooting. As this info is not currently public, speculation is all we have to go on.
    We all know exactly what this is about. It is fascism, it is the ATF nazis making a case about someone who has been selling firearms for quite some time and just happened to sell to the wrong LEGITIMATE CUSTOMER. This came right from the whitehouse and the piece of crap who lives in it. I love this country but this government that is in charge is an outrage and I find it to be utterly disgusting from top to bottom; I would only give a pass to the military and even there I would not give you a broken dime for any general or admiral; their noses are the same color as the rear end of the guy in the whitehouse. Up and down the line we have turned into an asylum run by its inmates in DC and we will never be the same as long as the stupid and ignorant and the takers are 51% of the votes. G-d help us all. Do not be surprised if this narcissist moslem piece of crap does not find a reason in 4 years to "have to stay in power" because of an "emergency"--that is when the USA officially ends and we become Germany 1930 with a brown hitler.

I demand every car dealership that has sold a car used in a fatal accident be shut down, every bar that sold alcohol to someone who drove drunk and killed themselves or other or died from alcohol poisoning have their license revoked. Every gas station convenience store or other that sold cigarettes be shut down. Every cellphone store that sold a cellphone used in a fatal "texting-while driving" accident be closed, etc.

Unless they find out that something intentionally illegal was done by the gun dealer, this is ridiculous. The purchaser of the weapons didn't even use them in the Newtown shootings, if anyone other than the shooter is at fault it's Nancy Lanza for not securing her weapons properly, or hell even keeping weapons in a home with a mentally unstable person.

This is just a shame. Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. I don't think the gun store owner should even know it was his or her sold weapon that was used. All the paperwork for the weapon should be on file. What they did was create another victim and make the owner feel as if they have some responsibility for the shootings.
    How many car dealers are contacted when their automobile is involved in a death?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

11. Myself I see this as the Obama Anti-firearm people using this revoking of a Firearm Dealers FFL, as a message to all firearm dealers "we will get rid of you anyway we can" With Obama being reelected and the two headline shootings, it was the perfect storm, just what the anti-firearm bunch had been hoping would happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast