2 Wins for MA Gun Owners!

Thread: 2 Wins for MA Gun Owners!

Thumbs up 2 Wins for MA Gun Owners!

The Massachusetts Legistlature just last week approved an ammendement to reduce the Resident LTC / Firearms Permit fees from $100 to $40 and increase the years valid from 5 to 6 years. The Senate also approved and sent to the House a measure that would prohibit police and other law enforcement officers from confiscating any lawfully owned firearm, rifle or shotgun during a declared state of emergency.

Surfcc

3. Thumbs up

This is outstanding. I especially like the 2nd part.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Do You have any other info for Non-Res. fee's? I know I read in another thread on here (MA.) abut Duvall wanting to RAISE the fee's for Res; Dealer's and Non. . I don't mind the $100. fee for Non Res. BUT it would be great IF it was for a longer period OR just plain cheaper. As a Non Res. I still think that is great win for You guys!
    (born, raised and work in MA./ live in NH)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    The Massachusetts Legistlature just last week approved an ammendement to reduce the Resident LTC / Firearms Permit fees from $100 to $40 and increase the years valid from 5 to 6 years. The Senate also approved and sent to the House a measure that would prohibit police and other law enforcement officers from confiscating any lawfully owned firearm, rifle or shotgun during a declared state of emergency.

Surfcc
    Where did you "hear" this info from ?

Massachusetts LTC is already valid for ~ 6 years, been so for quite a few years now.

Well, I suppose some improvement is better than none at all, but unfortunately it's still the PRMA.

Win for MA Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by LeavingMass View Post
    Where did you "hear" this info from ?

Massachusetts LTC is already valid for ~ 6 years, been so for quite a few years now.
    Actually has been 5 or 6 years dependent on one's DOB. So technically, yes, you're correct in that it has been 6 yrs for quite some time. However, this past week, the legislature made the change to be 6 yrs across the board. I read about it the local paper under "Beacon Hill Roll Call" which details weekly legislature procedures on Beacon Hill, our Capital in Boston. I have been following this legislation quite closely as I am a member of GOAL, Gun Owners Action League, here in MA. They keep memebership apprised of legislation affecting our rights here in MA. I also contacted my local rep and affirmed that he would be voting in favor of the legislation!

Surfcc

Now only if they could make the LTC process State wide instead of the individual police departments setting their own rules and regulations. I honestly think the Chiefs should not be able to deny anyone, that should be left up to the State. It is ridiculous that Non-Residents do not get restricted, but Residents do and also face not even getting a license because of indiviual chief's beliefs. Something has to change...fast!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

9. Thumbs up

This is great news!
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

That is great news, especially the second part. :)

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Now only if they could make the LTC process State wide instead of the individual police departments setting their own rules and regulations. I honestly think the Chiefs should not be able to deny anyone, that should be left up to the State. It is ridiculous that Non-Residents do not get restricted, but Residents do and also face not even getting a license because of indiviual chief's beliefs. Something has to change...fast!
    Actually, it should not be up to the state, either. Leaving the decision on who should own what kinds of firearms up to any governmental agency is an invitation to do exactly what it is we're all complaining about, with the exception that in that case, the rejections would be more uniform. But it would nevertheless still be a mistake.