So I went to Cabela's the other day....... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So I went to Cabela's the other day.......

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The only ammo I have bought since the craziness started was a crate ( 880) of 7.62X54R. At a price of $198 delivered. Now I'm seeing it at a ridiculous price of $139 a half crate ( 440 ) plus shipping.
    And you know damn well the Russians did not stop the Mfg. of this Ammo. And there is no shortage of it in the USA. The only thing that is happening is the seller is raising their prices on ammo. they already have in stock.

3. A friend of mines who sell guns out of his home and sell them at the gun shows said that he bought a box of 50 9mm for $10.00 and went to the show and sold it for $40.00 and sold all he had. The guy next to his booth was selling his for $49.00 so he figure that he can compete with him by selling it less and still make a profit. It's price and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    And you know damn well the Russians did not stop the Mfg. of this Ammo. And there is no shortage of it in the USA. The only thing that is happening is the seller is raising their prices on ammo. they already have in stock.
    Actually, I believe it is being held up at the ports. The places that were reasonable are all out.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Actually, I believe it is being held up at the ports. The places that were reasonable are all out.

Correct.............

6. Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    A friend of mines who sell guns out of his home and sell them at the gun shows said that he bought a box of 50 9mm for $10.00 and went to the show and sold it for $40.00 and sold all he had. The guy next to his booth was selling his for $49.00 so he figure that he can compete with him by selling it less and still make a profit. It's price and demand.
    That so called "friend" would no longer be someone I would refer as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    That so called "friend" would no longer be someone I would refer as a friend.
    Hope that "friend" has an FFL. Sounds like he is running a business. Which could cause a visit by the BATFE agents.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Beyond that, the main concerns we have with the treaty are that it fails to distinguish between military armaments and civilian arms, it will, at the very least, complicate matters for foreign manufacturers who serve the US consumer market, it invites abuse that could make traveling with firearms for hunting or other lawful purposes virtually impossible, and it has serious potential to interfere with, if not completely shut down, the flow of surplus ammo and parts into the US.

Newly Approved Arms Trade Treaty Could Shut Down Flow of Surplus Ammo

Two weeks ago the Cabela's in MN still had a good selection of ammo in nearly every caliber. They had a very limited supply of powder, no primers, no pistol bullets, and limited rifle bullets. Most places that sell reloading equipment will put you on a waiting list and sell you limited supply when a shipment comes in. If obama would stop selling guns things would return to normal.

I have seen several references to ammo being stopped at the ports. But I have not seen any supporting information on the authenticity of this or the basis which is being used to stop importation. Anyone help out here?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123