So I went to Cabela's the other day.......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I went to Cabela's the other day.......

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question So I went to Cabela's the other day.......

So I went to Cabela's the other day (yesterday) and guess what?
    They still had Absolutely no 9mm, .40, .45 acp, .357 (and other popular calibers) Whatsoever on their shelves. Thankfully I am prepared enough to survive about a months worth of Zombie Armageddon, but what about most other folks?
    When is this freaking 'ammo shortage' going to finally end !?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

So I went to Cabela's the other day.......

Only thing I have been able to find is 12ga game loads. I was lucky enough to find 3 boxes of .40 the other day tho. Bought that instantly
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Here in MN I usually get my ammo at Fleet Farm. I went there Friday and they only had some .45 and .22 LR Bird Shot. The guy said they had gotten an order in 3 days ago and it went in a few hours. It has gotten so I do not want to go to the range because I fear I will not be able to restock. The more obummer talks and Big Sis acts the more panic buying and hoarding there is.

So far the ONLY positive thing I seen that obummer has done is that he has increased ammo and gun sales. Each time he opens his mouth the sales seem to go up.

5. Where I live in nc the only thing I've had issue finding is 9mm, and that I can find just not for prices I want to pay. 250 UMC for 85.

Well let me amend that, 22lr is sparce as well, its around but too rich for my blood. I have a decent stash of it so I'm not too worried over it. Also since I sold my 22 I don't shoot it often, only when Im out with someone that has a 22.

All the big box stores near me are generally out of everything, save shotgun shells. I have been able to find some online (thanks Slickguns) and have a pretty sufficient stock of all that I need. It seems like some of the online prices are starting to drop, which tells me (hopefully) ammo is getting easier for them to obtain.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -- Ronald Reagan

Cabelas had some ammo I wanted online yesterday. Used this to find it: http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/45acp/

My small local dealer has a one-box-per-caliber-per-day limit. He had the 45ACP Hornady TAP and some brass FMJ I needed. No killer markup either. He let me buy both, since I didn't appear to be hoarding :) He's seen people drive hours and max out credit cards to stockpile ammo. Luckily he wants to keep local customers happy.
    Last edited by Fixxer; 04-07-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added info

It's not so bad here anymore. I've been able to get .223, 5.56, 9mm and .45. Only one box of .223 and 5.56 per customer each visit and two boxes of 9mm and .45.

Buy what you can, when you can. Unless ya got a crystal ball your just throwing the dice.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Once everybody stops buying everything in sight, the shortage will end.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    So I went to Cabela's the other day (yesterday) and guess what?
    They still had Absolutely no 9mm, .40, .45 acp, .357 (and other popular calibers) Whatsoever on their shelves. Thankfully I am prepared enough to survive about a months worth of Zombie Armageddon, but what about most other folks?
    When is this freaking 'ammo shortage' going to finally end !?
    Wherre is this ammo shortage you speak of ? I had not noticed it yet, Not sure what the issue is? If I feel like taking my son out to shoot we just go into the can labeled 22lr and blast away at soup cans and paper targets. But seriously what day did you go to Cabelas on I know around here if you go on the day they stock ylou can usually get just about any flavor needed just not in any large quanity. Really found it quite funny when the sales associate at Cabelas told the pawn shop owner he could not purchase 10 1600 round packages of mini mags. Seems like things are becoming available just not in mass supply. Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast