45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Its just a fun distance to practice using a pistol...because you just never know...
    what is it that I just never know? that I might play OK Corral with a bunch of thugs? I'm just guessing but IMHO 100+ feet is plenty far away to allow for a quick bug out.
    if I was defending a position, 100+ feet the handgun is not the weapon of choice
    Then practice at 25yds then. I really don't care. Its really not worth arguing about.

.45 ACP Perfection? You're 100 years too late. The 1911 beat Glock to it.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

the 1911 is akin to a jaguar, a great car but it always needs to be tinkered with and can be finicky, a glock is like a toyota, use it, abuse it and every morning you put the key in and it starts.
    1911's certainly are great guns, great shooters and all that but the glocks kill them on reliability and ability to work despite it's owners abuse.

Its really not worth arguing about.
    right you are, forgive me for bringing discussion to a discussion forum

Blog Entries
    what is it that I just never know? that I might play OK Corral with a bunch of thugs? I'm just guessing but IMHO 100+ feet is plenty far away to allow for a quick bug out.
    if I was defending a position, 100+ feet the handgun is not the weapon of choice
    Read this smart guy...165 yards= 495 feet.

Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 150+ Yard Shot With a Pistol | The Jack Blood Show

While you may be only thinking of saving your own skin, sometimes it doesn't hurt to consider helping another. Even from over 495 feet with a pistol.

Its really not worth arguing about.
    right you are, forgive me for bringing discussion to a discussion forum
    No you like to make things into an argument and also be a smart a$$. I'm not sure if you're thinking that I would endorse making a 100yd shot through a crowd of people to snipe a guy stealing a purse or what. That would be silly and dangerous. That's why I said "you never know". Plan all you want but things change and become unpredictable. Shooting a handgun that distance is not practical...I get that...nothing new to learn there. But it HAS been done in an otherwise practical application before. I'm looking for a simple dialogue on the topic not an argument from a pseudo expert.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Read this smart guy...165 yards= 495 feet.

Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 150+ Yard Shot With a Pistol | The Jack Blood Show

While you may be only thinking of saving your own skin, sometimes it doesn't hurt to consider helping another. Even from over 495 feet with a pistol.
    leave it to you to find an example using an absurd extreme, you can have a gold star, I hope you enjoy practicing your handgun skills for 500 ft shooting.

You are right about one thing, 99.9% of the time I will not get involved using deadly force in the aid of another, why not?
    because stumbling into something and not knowing what is going down and then interjecting myself into the situation could be a huge mistake, I will not offer any of the the training scenarios but I will say that getting involved not knowing everything could get you in very serious trouble.
    I know that you dream of using your ninja like skills for the good of mankind and that you don't have much in the way of assets to lose but many of us do have families, savings, incomes, homes and their future to think about before pulling the trigger to aid someone else.
    as for training, I will confine myself to practicing for self protection and leave the fancy trick shots to others.

Blog Entries
    leave it to you to find an example using an absurd extreme, you can have a gold star, I hope you enjoy practicing your handgun skills for 100 ft + shooting. I will confine myself to practicing for self protection and leave the fancy trick shots to others.
    Boo hoo! This is very recent history. I'm sure I can find other examples. BTW, I googled 'texas man saves cop with revolver.' I didn't google anything about extreme distances or the like.

So dad45acp is a crack shot from over 100 feet... He's providing evidence to support his postion on the glock 21 being the best glock. get over it. methinks someone is jealous!

nice shooting btw!

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    .45 ACP Perfection? You're 100 years too late. The 1911 beat Glock to it.
    I have to disagree....

Try dropping your 1911 into the mud and sand, then pick it up and see if it will fire without any jamming issues.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs up

the 1911 is akin to a jaguar, a great car but it always needs to be tinkered with and can be finicky, a glock is like a toyota, use it, abuse it and every morning you put the key in and it starts.
    1911's certainly are great guns, great shooters and all that but the glocks kill them on reliability and ability to work despite it's owners abuse.
    ^^^What He Said^^^
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast