45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: 45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I have to disagree....

    Try dropping your 1911 into the mud and sand, then pick it up and see if it will fire without any jamming issues.
    Can I put it in a plastic bag??

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    .45 ACP Perfection? You're 100 years too late. The 1911 beat Glock to it.
    The 1911 became outdated the instant man invented the double stack magazine.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    The 1911 became outdated the instant man invented the double stack magazine.
    You do realize there are double stack 1911s? And why worry about double stacks as the 21 holds only 13 while my mag for the Sig C3, Colts, Taurus PT 1911, RIA 1911CS, hold 10 in a thinner frame that is standard. And can hold 15 rounds in the long mags, 2 more than the Glock. Now tell me, which gun has been used by the US military for over 100 years. You won't find the word Glock in it. You will find the word Colt.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I have to disagree....

    Try dropping your 1911 into the mud and sand, then pick it up and see if it will fire without any jamming issues.
    Give me a well worn milspec Colt and I'd take your challenge.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You do realize there are double stack 1911s? And why worry about double stacks as the 21 holds only 13 while my mag for the Sig C3, Colts, Taurus PT 1911, RIA 1911CS, hold 10 in a thinner frame that is standard. And can hold 15 rounds in the long mags, 2 more than the Glock. Now tell me, which gun has been used by the US military for over 100 years. You won't find the word Glock in it. You will find the word Colt.
    STI makes them pretty good. They call the double stacks 2011's though and you can get them in 9mm, .40 and .45 Love mine!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Give me a well worn milspec Colt and I'd take your challenge.
    Give me 'any' Glock (New out of the box or an Old 'well worn' Glock, and I would not only be able to challenge you and your 1911, but I would also Win the challenge!

    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You do realize there are double stack 1911s? And why worry about double stacks as the 21 holds only 13 while my mag for the Sig C3, Colts, Taurus PT 1911, RIA 1911CS, hold 10 in a thinner frame that is standard. And can hold 15 rounds in the long mags, 2 more than the Glock. Now tell me, which gun has been used by the US military for over 100 years. You won't find the word Glock in it. You will find the word Colt.
    Even the military replaced the 1911. Although you can still find some 1911s in use, the M9 became the primary handgun for Navy, Marine Crops, Army, and Air force since the 1980s.

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    out of curiosity, why would anyone feel the need to be a proficient shooter at over 125 feet?

    I know that the only reason that I carry and shoot is for self protection and I strive for excellence at 25 feet and closer.
    at 25 to 50 feet it is important to be able to hit the target as well but I don't place too much emphasis on it.
    I think that at greater distances I would have a very good chance of being able to break away from a confrontation and at 100 and more feet I just can't see any justification for shooting at anyone, it would be wiser to get out of Dodge.
    Just my opinions and curiosities.
    As DAD45 said it is for fun as a sense of accomplishment. I do not expect to ever shoot at a threat at over a 100 ft. But to be able to hit the target in a consistent manner will help your confidence and being able to hit your target at a closer range. I was taught when I was young "Aim small. Miss small."

    But to say again it is fun to be able to hit a can at over 100 ft!!!!

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Even the military replaced the 1911. Although you can still find some 1911s in use, the M9 became the primary handgun for Navy, Marine Crops, Army, and Air force since the 1980s.
    Every branch except the AF has some in service. The M9 has been found to be lacking and some units are going to .45ACP again. Navy has P226/228 and Glock 19 in 9mm, and 1911s, H&K45s in .45ACP service also. Would not surprise me to see the M11 ( Sig P228 ) replace the M9. The special services get what they want and need. And don't forget, the Marines ordered 12,000 new M45A1 last year. The 1911 is far from dead and gone from the military.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  11. #30
    Glock? What's a Glock? Does it tell time?
    (ducking and running... :o)
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast