45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    As DAD45 said it is for fun as a sense of accomplishment. I do not expect to ever shoot at a threat at over a 100 ft. But to be able to hit the target in a consistent manner will help your confidence and being able to hit your target at a closer range. I was taught when I was young "Aim small. Miss small."

But to say again it is fun to be able to hit a can at over 100 ft!!!!
    I can understand where you are coming from, but many of us have limited time and resources to devote to training, so my training is focused on what I want to be able to do, hitting pop bottles at 100 feet with my handgun comes under fun and games, and while there is nothing bad that can come from hitting those bottles at long range, it just is not how I care to use my range time

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from, but many of us have limited time and resources to devote to training, so my training is focused on what I want to be able to do, hitting pop bottles at 100 feet with my handgun comes under fun and games, and while there is nothing bad that can come from hitting those bottles at long range, it just is not how I care to use my range time
    I can understand that. I am retired so I can have a lot of time to do whatever I want to do. But I really do not have a whole lot of time. I wonder at times how I EVER had time to work. I do not shoot over 25 to 50 ft most of the time. I only do it when I am with friends and we are challenging each other. It is all in fun and it does make each of us try to do better. We have shot at targets a lot father than 100 ft. But since ammo is hard to come by I have not done much shooting. I have a worry that I will be unable to replace what I shoot at a reasonable price.

Please do not think I am beating up on you. Train and shoot however is best for you. I just like to push myself to be a better shot. Hey I wish I could hit a bird's head in the air but I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Please do not think I am beating up on you. Train and shoot however is best for you. I just like to push myself to be a better shot. Hey I wish I could hit a bird's head in the air but I can't.
    I too have gone from shooting almost 500-1000 rounds a month to around 200 rounds a month because of replacement issues. If you want a challenge try skeet/trap shooting, that to me is more fun than plinking bottles at 50 yards

I like practicing on a 9" steel plate at 100 yards. I don't expect to have to shoot that far in a defensive situation but I hit the plate about half of the time. Bring the plate in closer and it doesn't have a chance.

As for 1911's vs. Polymer, the plastic pistols will never match the beauty of a 1911 or the incredible trigger pull. The higher capacity guns make more sense for carry though. They're lighter, almost as accurate and carry more rounds in the same size package.

For sheer enjoyment, I recommend both styles.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

45 acp perfection??? five letters HK USP...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Well I think you guys missed the mark. The true perfect Glock is the Glock 20. You just can't beat the 10mm balistics. longer flater trajectory combined with more force on impact, the glock 21 just can't hang.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You do realize there are double stack 1911s? And why worry about double stacks as the 21 holds only 13 while my mag for the Sig C3, Colts, Taurus PT 1911, RIA 1911CS, hold 10 in a thinner frame that is standard. And can hold 15 rounds in the long mags, 2 more than the Glock. Now tell me, which gun has been used by the US military for over 100 years. You won't find the word Glock in it. You will find the word Colt.
    Actually you'll find Beretta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Even the military replaced the 1911. Although you can still find some 1911s in use, the M9 became the primary handgun for Navy, Marine Crops, Army, and Air force since the 1980s.
    To be fair, the military didn't replace the 1911 because of reliability issues. They replaced it primarily because 9mm was the standard NATO round and they wanted commonality. 9mm was also cheaper.
    I love both my G21SFs, though I'm not sure I'd call them perfection. I carry my G30SF, and I love it too. Then there's the other two Glocks......
    I practice shooting at whatever range I want to, and my reasons are my own. I don't practice at longer ranges much, but I've been known to on a few occasions. I don't seek anyone else's approval of it, nor do I care if they approve or not.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

9. And dont forget,the m9 is a pos

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Actually you'll find Beretta.
    To be fair, the military didn't replace the 1911 because of reliability issues. They replaced it primarily because 9mm was the standard NATO round and they wanted commonality. 9mm was also cheaper.

I love both my G21SFs, though I'm not sure I'd call them perfection. I carry my G30SF, and I love it too. Then there's the other two Glocks......

I practice shooting at whatever range I want to, and my reasons are my own. I don't practice at longer ranges much, but I've been known to on a few occasions. I don't seek anyone else's approval of it, nor do I care if they approve or not.
    Beretta is a johnny come lately while the 1911 has been in use since 1911. And still is in use by all branches of the military except the AF. While it may not be the standard issue gun any more, it is far from gone from inventories.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I can hit a target at 1000 yds with my G21sf - of course I have to fire 500 or so rounds to do it.

With that said, I have Colt 1911s and Glocks. I enjoy shooting both brands: each have their place.
    But hands down, I carry a G30sf. It makes a big hole, offers 11 rounds, and no buttons or levers to push before it fires.

Carry what you want and what you have convinced yourself will work, even if it's a .380 - the proof is in the pudding: after the encounter, you will either be standing and no problem, or in the hospital wishing you had used another configuration, or you won't know anything ever again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast