45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 45ACP Perfection? The Glock 21 ... On Glock to Rule Them ALL

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Beretta is a johnny come lately while the 1911 has been in use since 1911. And still is in use by all branches of the military except the AF. While it may not be the standard issue gun any more, it is far from gone from inventories.
    Only the Marines are using an off the shelf 1911 design. The others are using modified guns. But I wasn't saying that to denigrate the 1911 in any way, which is why the next sentence in that post mentioned that it wasn't any 1911 shortcomings that prompted the move to 9mm. I like Glocks, but that doesn't mean I have a low opinion of 1911s. 1911s are excellent guns. I just prefer double action, or striker fired, to single action. And if your username is any indication, so do you.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I like practicing on a 9" steel plate at 100 yards. I don't expect to have to shoot that far in a defensive situation but I hit the plate about half of the time. Bring the plate in closer and it doesn't have a chance.

As for 1911's vs. Polymer, the plastic pistols will never match the beauty of a 1911 or the incredible trigger pull. The higher capacity guns make more sense for carry though. They're lighter, almost as accurate and carry more rounds in the same size package.

For sheer enjoyment, I recommend both styles.
    You should try the trigger on a kahr if you haven't. Pure awesomeness. I would rank it neck and neck with a good 1911 trigger.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

In real life, it will never happen like this...Keep in mind in mind that standing still, normal heart rate and stationary target are not going to happen.
    Once a person has the general principles of handgun shooting down then add some yardage... You need to step it up and see if you can still do this...

Run 40 to 50 yards, have a moving target moving from right to left, left to right, towards you and away from you....This will teach you much more than shooting at a stationary target.
    You will learn control of the weapon and control of your body...Start out at close range and afterwards work it out to longer distances. If you can hit it, then you are good!

Also good to work on strong hand, weak hand...One hand...How you going to load it if you lose use of one hand...Something to think about...
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Too big for my hand. If I can't shoot it one handed, it doesn't meet my needs.

I've never had the opportunity to hold or shoot a G21SF, so I don't know if it's any better.

I'll stick with my Glock 19 and Glock 22 for 9x19mm and .40S&W respectively, and my Norinco M1911 for .45acp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Only the Marines are using an off the shelf 1911 design. The others are using modified guns. But I wasn't saying that to denigrate the 1911 in any way, which is why the next sentence in that post mentioned that it wasn't any 1911 shortcomings that prompted the move to 9mm. I like Glocks, but that doesn't mean I have a low opinion of 1911s. 1911s are excellent guns. I just prefer double action, or striker fired, to single action. And if your username is any indication, so do you.
    Actually, I prefer heavy metal guns to plastic. I own about a 50-50 mix of 1911 to DAO/DA-SA guns. Only plastic gun I own is a SIG P250C-40-B. Need to get it to the range to see if I keep it or not. And whether to buy the X-Change kits for it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Blog Entries
    Actually you'll find Beretta.
    To be fair, the military didn't replace the 1911 because of reliability issues. They replaced it primarily because 9mm was the standard NATO round and they wanted commonality. 9mm was also cheaper.
    I love both my G21SFs, though I'm not sure I'd call them perfection. I carry my G30SF, and I love it too. Then there's the other two Glocks......
    I practice shooting at whatever range I want to, and my reasons are my own. I don't practice at longer ranges much, but I've been known to on a few occasions. I don't seek anyone else's approval of it, nor do I care if they approve or not.
    Let's not forget that the air force is using the M11A1 (Sig P228?)

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Used by the naval aviators too.
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Actually, I prefer heavy metal guns to plastic. I own about a 50-50 mix of 1911 to DAO/DA-SA guns. Only plastic gun I own is a SIG P250C-40-B. Need to get it to the range to see if I keep it or not. And whether to buy the X-Change kits for it.
    My fist semiauto was a S&W 4516-1. I don't carry it anymore due to weight and limited ammo capacity, but I still like it and I still have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    No, it's the M11. The M11A1 is the civilian version. It is indeed a P228, which is a compact version of the P226. It's a 9mm, and not a 1911 variant. It's also only carried by Air Force of Special Investigation (OSI) agents, meaning extremely few people. The M9 is the standard Air Force sidearm now.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

My fist semiauto was a S&W 4516-1. I don't carry it anymore due to weight and limited ammo capacity, but I still like it and I still have it.
    No, it's the M11. The M11A1 is the civilian version. It is indeed a P228, which is a compact version of the P226. It's a 9mm, and not a 1911 variant. It's also only carried by Air Force of Special Investigation (OSI) agents, meaning extremely few people. The M9 is the standard Air Force sidearm now.
    Some say that the M11 used by the AF is really an M11B.Question is, what makes it different from the standard M11? The M11A1 civilian gun is identical to the Navy aviator version of the P228. It has the phosphate coating like the P226 Mk25. Dad wants a M11A1 but right now they are kind of hard to find.
    NRA Certified RSO

I don't really know what the difference is. I'm just told they're different somehow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345