If you find it should you buy it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you find it should you buy it?

I would believe that for a lot of us there are calibers we don't shoot (Own) but may from time to time see it on the shelves at the "Big Box Stores".
    The other day there were cases of .22Mag on the shelf along side several boxes of .38. A few days before that it was jam packed with 7.56 X 39. The week before the entire row of .40 was full. I have also found .223 several times.

I don't currently shoot any of this but always wonder if I shouldn't pick it up for resale, barter or to just have and to hold til death do I part.

Is anyone finding popular calibers that they don't shoot? and what are you doing?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Yes, buy it! Buy it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Leave it on the shelf. Trying to flip ammo just perpetuates this unnecessary drama. If people would calm down and stop the panic buying things will get back to normal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

If you don't shoot it, leave it for those who do shoot it.

Do what you want man, don't feel sorry for other people who didn't plan ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    ... I don't currently shoot any of this but always wonder if I shouldn't pick it up for resale, barter...
    Of course, the IRS has now tagged you for unreported-income audits. (Not really, but you have to wonder if that kind of thing on a large scale can possibly have escaped their notice).

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I would believe that for a lot of us there are calibers we don't shoot (Own) but may from time to time see it on the shelves at the "Big Box Stores".
    The other day there were cases of .22Mag on the shelf along side several boxes of .38. A few days before that it was jam packed with 7.56 X 39. The week before the entire row of .40 was full. I have also found .223 several times.

I don't currently shoot any of this but always wonder if I shouldn't pick it up for resale, barter or to just have and to hold til death do I part.

Is anyone finding popular calibers that they don't shoot? and what are you doing?
    Soooo......do you already have a can-opener, or did it come with that can o' worms you're diggin' into?

I'm with gunnerbob....follow your conscience, do what you want, forget the guilt-trippers who think their desire for cheap ammo to shoot for fun trumps your right to purchase something you find for sale at a price you're willing to pay for whatever purpose you wish to purchase it. Me personally, I think the barter purpose is among the best reasons to buy tangibles that you don't otherwise have a specific use for, but whether it's barter, resale, or just to say "I have it, you want it, so neener neener neener," doesn't matter a wit to me. This is still America. Buy what you want, when you want, and do with it what you will on your own terms. You don't need anyone's approval, and anyone's stated disapproval should be seen for the buttinski provenance of a wannabe tyrant that it is.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I always leave it on the shelf same as I do with shoes that are not my size. I was just wondering because I see a lot of ammo that's in short supply at my local store.
    I was also considering buying my next gun based on calibers that I see all the time. Apparently no one shoots 7mm.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Apparently no one shoots 7mm.
    Have a friend that has dropped his deer limit every year with a 7mm rifle. I lifted one this last season with the tractor while he skinned and gutted it... That 7mm does a massive amount of damage... tiny hole on the way in... fist size on the way out...
    Glock 29sf / XD-40 SubCompact
    Useful links ---> Ammo/Mag finder & Firearm Manuals & Auto Repair Material & Android Pro/Anti Carry & Android CCW

When I find ammunition that I shoot in any of my guns I buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast