NRA help in Connecticut? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA help in Connecticut?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Lol blues you do make some good points on here but everyone of your posts reads like a law school text book. I've never seen so many long winded posts in my life.
    I'll admit to the above being petty personality conflicts, but "reads like a law school text book?" You can't possibly be talking about anything in this thread, so I tried to figure out where the hell that came from. Found it.

So you have a problem with someone analyzing in-depth a question that you yourself raised about the mental health regulations of NICS? And then you interject here to say nothing about the topic but simply to single me out when there are three of us who are indeed guilty of wasting bandwidth?

Now there's four of us in this thread who have engaged in pettiness. Welcome to the fold. NRA help in Connecticut?-pajenry_by_laoperz.gif

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by 2Awarrior View Post
    Cheer up, we still got it worse than you in NY. And I'll still take NY over NJ and California, and there may be others. And CT is still way better than NY with CCW's.
    Actually doesn't sound too cheerful, does it...?
    Almost as bad as comparing worst Presidents when you are discussing 0bama and Carter. Either way you still have two losers.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

4. NRA help in Connecticut?

Just heard the NRA is going after the Supreme Court over NY's new laws. Depending on how they rule this would help CT.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Just heard the NRA is going after the Supreme Court over NY's new laws. Depending on how they rule this would help CT.
    Think I just heard they Turned down the case.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

6. Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Par for the course...the best way to keep us from regaining our rights is to keep us from arguing our side.

Blog Entries
    new englanders are happy as long as they can get drunk and ride snow mobiles in the woods at night.
    thats the only time they will stick their necks out for anything.
    other wise they wont organize and go to the polls for anything...i lived there/ past tense
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Par for the course...the best way to keep us from regaining our rights is to keep us from arguing our side.
    The only case currently being considered that I've heard of is filed IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK - Buffalo Division.

Do either of you know of any appeal to the Supreme Court that has bypassed the filing linked to above? That would be very unusual if there is such an appeal.

Personally, I not only don't believe SCOTUS has turned down any appeal(s), I don't believe they have even seen one yet. If they have, please document the process by which it got to SCOTUS. Thanks.

Blues

Edited to add: And BTW, the N R A is not specifically named as one of the several Plaintiffs in the complaint linked above. The NYSRPA does list itself on their website as "N R A-affiliated" though, so that would legitimize saying that the N R A is bringing the suit I suppose. But to simply look at the complaint, it doesn't appear that the N R A has anything to do with the suit.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfat View Post
    new englanders are happy as long as they can get drunk and ride snow mobiles in the woods at night.
    thats the only time they will stick their necks out for anything.
    other wise they wont organize and go to the polls for anything...i lived there/ past tense

I don't ride snow mobiles at all! And I have emailed and called ALL of the politicians in CT almost every day! Also I haven't talked to anyone, including LEO that agree with these laws. I also did NOT vote for all but two of the IDIOTS in office! The exceptions where Sen Witkos & Rep Leyget, who both voted against these ridiculous laws!!!

I don't ride snow mobiles at all! And I have emailed and called ALL of the politicians in CT almost every day! Also I haven't talked to anyone, including LEO that agree with these laws. I also did NOT vote for all but two of the IDIOTS in office! The exceptions where Sen Witkos & Rep Leyget, who both voted against these ridiculous laws!!! [/QUOTE]

I've never been on a snowmobile in my life, tho it does look fun. I share Lessthan's sentiments. I also only known of 1 person who was in favor of these laws and I talk to many people daily. Even the LEO's that I know won't enforce these laws unless backed into a corner IE an additional charge to a crime already committed. that being said, I didn't vote for any of the gun grabbers and my reps voted no. The best course if action now is to join the CCDL, (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) who have begun legal proceedings. Keep writing and calling and vote them out next election cycle. Come to the Rally 4/20 12-3 at the Capitol, CCDL.org will get you on their mailing list and its free to be come a member.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Quote Originally Posted by lessthan0 View Post
    I don't ride snow mobiles at all! And I have emailed and called ALL of the politicians in CT almost every day! Also I haven't talked to anyone, including LEO that agree with these laws. I also did NOT vote for all but two of the IDIOTS in office! The exceptions where Sen Witkos & Rep Leyget, who both voted against these ridiculous laws!!!
    unfortunately the politicians no longer even pretend to represent the people, they are controlled by the special interests

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast