Survey of 15,000 Law Enforcement Professionals about U.S. Gun Control Policies - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Survey of 15,000 Law Enforcement Professionals about U.S. Gun Control Policies

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I'll be honest - I haven't "met" all that many cops. Since about 1994 or so, that has been on purpose. We owned a little coffee shop on the main drag of a small town. When we first opened, we had several folks recommend that we offer discounts or free stuff to cops and firefighters. I had no objection to it, so we offered free small coffees to 'em, and free refills in our logo mugs after they bought one (which was a large size). This one cop started coming in every day and eventually we became pretty friendly. He and his wife both rode their own Harleys, as did me and my wife, so we started going on rides together and generally socializing away from our respective jobs. That went on for at least two years, maybe three.

    One day I'm standing at the espresso machine making a drink when I see a car pull into my parking lot with a cop car with its lights flashing pulling in right behind him. I see the driver get out and start pointing in his car while yelling something towards the cop car. As he's doing that, I see my friend get out of the squad car. I finished up the drink, took my customer's money, and then went outside to see what was up. The driver was yelling, "Dude! She's having a baby RIGHT NOW! I gotta get to the hospital!" My friend was writing a ticket and ignoring the driver, so the driver finally said F You! and started getting back in his car. My friend calmly put his ticket book down on the trunk of the guy's car, walked to the driver's door, opened it, dragged the guy out, SLAMMED him on the hood and started whining about being told "F You" as he emphasized every couple of words with another slam of the guy's head on the hood.

    After it was all over, my now ex-friend had to let the guy go on his way after I called 911 and got his supervisor down there. The dad-to-be was missing two front teeth, both of which I found after everyone left my parking lot. He was bleeding profusely out of his mouth as he drove his wife(?) or girlfriend to the hospital to deliver a baby. Never heard how that went. Never saw the guy again, even though I had told him that I would be a witness for him if he ever needed one. I don't know if my ex-friend was simply embarrassed from losing his cool in front of me, or if he was pissed because he heard me offer to be a witness, but he never came back for coffee anymore, and to tell you the truth, I was glad. The dude was dangerous. I didn't want him in my store anymore.

    There's no big, profound moral to the story here. The best moral I can offer is simply, "You just never know." So I keep my distance from cops in every way I have control over. I haven't actually met and conversed with a cop since that day, and have no desire to. There are an awful lot of folks out there just like me, who have either witnessed brutality dispensed illegally under the color of authority, or they just see the same stuff we all see on YouTube and other outlets and feel fearful and distrusting of cops on that basis alone. Fair or not, there is a brutal image that cops have at least participated in fomenting, if not been wholly responsible for. They are the only ones who can change it. The best any of us can do is survive an encounter with them while being unjustifiably subservient and deferential to them just so we won't piss them off and get our heads smashed against our car hoods for no good reason.

    Blues

    In the same light, I met a fella from Alabama that was a complete and total a-hole.... so everyone from Alabama is a complete a-hole..... Right?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    In the same light, I met a fella from Alabama that was a complete and total a-hole.... so everyone from Alabama is a complete a-hole..... Right?
    If he had the power and authority to knock your teeth out for speeding while trying to get your ol' lady to the hospital to deliver a baby and get scot-free away with it, and if every other Alabaman had the same power and authority, then yeah, you'd be right to distrust us all because of the example of that one you claim to have met. (Good grief you're an idiot.)

    You must be goin' senile with these idiotic analogies you've been throwin' out lately. Get some rest. You're not up to this in your present state of exhaustion after obviously scouring the forums for some moronic word-game trap you think you can spring on me out of the blue.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    If he had the power and authority to knock your teeth out for speeding while trying to get your ol' lady to the hospital to deliver a baby and get scot-free away with it, and if every other Alabaman had the same power and authority, then yeah, you'd be right to distrust us all because of the example of that one you claim to have met. (Good grief you're an idiot.)

    You must be goin' senile with these idiotic analogies you've been throwin' out lately. Get some rest. You're not up to this in your present state of exhaustion after obviously scouring the forums for some moronic word-game trap you think you can spring on me out of the blue.

    Blues
    Apparently reading is not a strong suit in Alabama either, for you missed my point completely...... or did you just validate it?

    So let me 'splain it'... I met an a-hole from AL, but I am intelligent enough to recognize that not everyone from AL is a raging a-hole, but there are more than one

    As for the cop 'getting away' with it, that still does not brand other cops, but demonstrates that the system is flawed.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    <snipped some blah blah blah>

    As for the cop 'getting away' with it, that still does not brand other cops, but demonstrates that the system is flawed.
    The point of my post that you replied to was that "You just never know." I even stated it in exactly those terms, as the only "point" that the events of that day proves about cops. I quite literally and actively avoided "branding" anybody. It was a cautionary tale, and not a single conclusion other than "You just never know" about cops was promulgated in any way, shape, manner or form.

    You're just a bad troll because you end right where I started, but you are a troll nonetheless. Surely you can troll better than to use an almost four year old post as your troll launching pad. Then again, maybe not....

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Apparently reading is not a strong suit in Alabama either, for you missed my point completely...... or did you just validate it?
    It took you over 3 1/2 YEARS to respond to Blues' post. Whose reading skills are not that strong?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It took you over 3 1/2 YEARS to respond to Blues' post. Whose reading skills are not that strong?
    Because he is using it in his signature line.... perhaps your reading skills could use some improvement.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Because he is using it in his signature line.... perhaps your reading skills could use some improvement.
    And it's been in my sig-line for at least two of those years, so what's your point, troll?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    And it's been in my sig-line for at least two of those years, so what's your point, troll?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Well that is one way of diverting attention when your attack makes you look foolish.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast