States look to tax guns, ammo - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: States look to tax guns, ammo

It appears that these politicians forgot why this is the United States of America and no longer part of the British Commonwealth.

3. States look to tax guns, ammo

Here in Wisconsin the tax would already be a reality if Scott Walker was not our governor. We are lucky he won and then beat that injustice I call a recall.

This taxing of ammo and guns is another way to make law abiding citizens pay for the lawless criminals that feed on society. We're not the problem, the lawless are the problem!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    This taxing of ammo and guns is another way to make law abiding citizens pay for the lawless goverment criminals that feed off of decent society. We're not the problem, our corrupted government is the problem!
    I fixed your post for you......:-)
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Anyone see a pattern here. All these new tax proposals are coming from democrats. Which party is it that supports the majority of gun grabbing special interests?
    Well, on that specific question, we should know more shortly, as there is talk circulating that a "compromise" (of the 2nd Amendment) is near agreement on universal background checks that will break the Republican filibuster. If that happens, it will be the Republican Party being every bit as much responsible for its passage as the Democrats. Just because they aren't unanimous on the issue doesn't mean that they're not as phony as the Dems in supposedly being "pro-gun." They're all in it together.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kittel View Post
    "We tax cigarettes, we tax alcohol, we tax other items that have a negative effect on society," he says.

oh, I'm sorry...I didn't realize that cigarettes and alcohol were rights guaranteed by the Constitution... Smoking and drinking have direct health effects that cost this country billions in unnecessary medical care (including higher premiums that anyone that has health insurance ends up bearing part of the cost). Taxing them never removed them from existence...it's just another way for the Govt to spend more money.
    This is exactly where the psy-op is.... private gun ownership actually produces lower crime rates in communities. the only negative effects guns have on society is when they are in the hands of criminals or so called government "officials" trying to stamp all over your civil rights.

Link to an article in National Review on line containing, IMO, some good thinking and responses on this tax issue;
    A Tax on Freedom - Charles C. W. Cooke - National Review Online

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Well, on that specific question, we should know more shortly, as there is talk circulating that a "compromise" (of the 2nd Amendment) is near agreement on universal background checks that will break the Republican filibuster. If that happens, it will be the Republican Party being every bit as much responsible for its passage as the Democrats. Just because they aren't unanimous on the issue doesn't mean that they're not as phony as the Dems in supposedly being "pro-gun." They're all in it together.

Blues
    Blues, I'm in no way implying the republicans are squeaky clean. They all look to the enemy for way too much advice. Irritating none can take a stand on principle and stick to it. My point is that it's the democrat party most often that is more then happy to govern against the will of the people and they continue to get away with it.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I fixed your post for you......:-)
    Thanks, my friend that is more to the point!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Blues
    Senators urge background checks for gun shows, Internet sales ahead of key test vote | Fox News
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast