School: Americans don’t have right to bear arms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: School: Americans don’t have right to bear arms

School: Americans don’t have right to bear arms

School: Americans Don’t Have Right to Bear Arms

Posted in Top Stories | 0 comments

Apr 9, 2013
    By Todd Starnes
    The father of a Connecticut child is furious after discovering that his son’s school is teaching students that Americans don’t have a Second Amendment right to bear arms.
    FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    “I am appalled,” said Steven Boibeaux, of Bristol. “It sounds to me like they are trying to indoctrinate our kids.”
    Boibeaux’s son is an eighth grader at Northeast Middle School. On Monday his social studies teacher gave students a worksheet titled, ‘The Second Amendment Today.’
    “The courts have consistently determined that the Second Amendment does not ensure each individual the right to bear arms,” the worksheet states. “The courts have never found a law regulating the private ownership of weapons unconstitutional.
    The worksheet, published by Instructional Fair, goes on to say that the Second Amendment is not incorporated against the states.
    “This means that the rights of this amendment are not extended to the individual citizens of the states,” the worksheet reads. “So a person has no right to complain about a Second Amendment violation by state laws.”
    According to the document, the Second Amendment “only provides the right of a state to keep an armed National Guard.”

Boibeaux said he discovered the worksheet as he was going over his son’s homework assignments.
    “I’m more than a little upset about this,” he told Fox News. “It’s not up to the teacher to determine what the Constitution means.”
    Mat Staver, the founder and chairman of the Liberty Counsel, called the lesson propaganda – that is “absolutely false.”
    “In fact, the US Supreme Court has affirmed that the Second Amendment ensures the individual the right to bear arms,” Staver told Fox News. “The progressive interpretation of the Second Amendment is that it doesn’t give you the right to bear arms – that it’s a corporate right of the government – but that has been rejected by the Courts.”
    Boibeaux’s son’s teacher also told the students that the Constitution is a “living document.”
    As noted in the worksheet provided to students – that means “the interpretation changes to meet the needs of the times.”
    “The judges and courts of each generation provide the interpretation of the document,” the worksheet states.
    Boibeaux called that concept mind-boggling.
    It’s not up to the teacher to determine what the Constitution means,” he said. “If you want to learn about the Constitution, recite it word for word.”
    Staver said the idea that the Constitution is a living document is another progressive tactic.
    “This idea that this school is propagating that the Constitution can simply be changed at the whim of someone – or that the Second Amendment does not protect the individual right to bear arms is absolute propaganda and absolutely false,” Staver said.
    Boibeaux said he’s demanding meetings with the principal as well as the board of education.
    “I just don’t appreciate this as a parent,” he said. “I expect teachers to teach my kids and tell the truth – not what they think their point of view is.”
    Ellen Solek, the superintendent of the school district, told Fox News they have now decided to pull the assignment from the classroom.
    “It is no longer an assignment in that particular school,” she said, noting that it was an “administration decision in the best interest of the district.”
    She refused to answer any questions about the content of the lesson, how it became a part of the curriculum or how many students were assigned the lesson. She also refused to acknowledge whether the school will apologize to students and parents.
    “No comment, thank you,” she said.
    This is why our kids are so far off base about our rights! It's what the liberals are teaching them. It's bias indoctranation at best.
    School: Americans Don?t Have Right to Bear Arms | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

That's some "1984" **** right there. If you can't legislate the right away, then "miseducate" it away.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Like Obama promised.....He & his Fascist Cronies will "Fundamentally Transform America".
    ~SMFH~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Maybe things like this will make parents think twice. When you ask "what did you learn at school today?" "stuff' might not be an acceptable answer.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Like Obama promised.....He & his Fascist Cronies will "Fundamentally Transform America".
    ~SMFH~
    I would much rather see us transform him and his cronies. From in office to in prison.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Parents need to pay attention to what they are teaching, it may not be in step with American ideals.
    They're doing their best to brain wash the kids and we need to watch them.

Parents need to go to PTA meetings and open house night. See what their teachers are teaching their kids. Most teachers love to have parents be active in their kids classes. I know everyone is busy but we parents need to know what our kids are learning in schools. This is a prime example.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I'm not the least bit surprised. Public schools, along with colleges and universities, have been nothing but factories for turning out liberals for decades now at least is some parts of the country.

An idea, gentlemen, a simple idea. Ideas never die, they live on in someone else. Our schools get to our children at, of course, the vital age. Children are like sponges, they will go with most of what they're told unless it's challenged and refuted. We must be involved in our children's lives, we must attend Open House and PTA meetings... ask questions, be concerned. Read your children's school books, if something is wrong, teach them the right thing and inform the school. No, one parent challenging the choice of the school board isn't going to get new books, but if you don't try... who will? Furthermore, is it not worth it to teach your children what's right, even if in the eyes of the wrong, it's wrong? I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Why not go and sit in on some of the social study clases, and others of that nature to see what they are teaching???
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast