My Little Ones Shooting Black Powder - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Little Ones Shooting Black Powder

1. Shooting black powder

When I was in high school, I dated a girl whose father built Kentuicky long rifles from the ground up. He really created some works of art. I got to go out with him several times to test-fire new rifles before delivering them to the customers who ordered them. When you fire a black powder rifle, you wait for what seems like a hlaf hour for the smoke to clear to see if you hit the target. That was the real reson for the manual of arms for the muzzle loader, to be ready to fire as soon as you could see again. :D He told me you were not a black powder shooter until you A. loaded without powder, B. double loaded, and C. shot your ramrod. I am a certified black powder shooter, ROFLMAO. I just saw a muzzle loading rifle set at the local Wal-MArt for $205, and wish I could have afforded it. It was a modern looking rifle with a scope, that came with a supply of bullets and the other necessary stuff needed to fire it a certain number of times, and I assume some ideas on where to buy more bullets, percussion caps and powder, etc.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

congrats mom, black powder is fun to shoot a little more work but well worth it. there is nothing more enjoying than going out with kids and young adults and i can see you were all having a great time.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    When I was in high school, I dated a girl whose father built Kentuicky long rifles from the ground up. He really created some works of art. I got to go out with him several times to test-fire new rifles before delivering them to the customers who ordered them. When you fire a black powder rifle, you wait for what seems like a hlaf hour for the smoke to clear to see if you hit the target. That was the real reson for the manual of arms for the muzzle loader, to be ready to fire as soon as you could see again. :D He told me you were not a black powder shooter until you A. loaded without powder, B. double loaded, and C. shot your ramrod. I am a certified black powder shooter, ROFLMAO. I just saw a muzzle loading rifle set at the local Wal-MArt for $205, and wish I could have afforded it. It was a modern looking rifle with a scope, that came with a supply of bullets and the other necessary stuff needed to fire it a certain number of times, and I assume some ideas on where to buy more bullets, percussion caps and powder, etc.
    Sounds like fun. I don't think I'll ever do it, but the way you describe it, it sounds cool!

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    He told me you were not a black powder shooter until you A. loaded without powder, B. double loaded, and C. shot your ramrod. I am a certified black powder shooter, ROFLMAO.
    I'm not "certified" as I've only done "A".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12